LAHORE: The 3rd T20I between Pakistan and Bangladesh to be played at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore has been officially abandoned due to excessive rain and a wet outfield.
The abandonment of the match meant that Pakistan has not only won a T20I series after four consecutive series losses but have also retain their No. 1 position in the ICC T20I Ranking.
Some of the interesting facts of the Series:
- Pakistan retaining its top spot. A loss today would have ended Pakistan’s two-year dominance over T20 cricket, with Pakistan slipping to the second spot and Australia becoming the new Number One T20 side.
- Babar Azam finally winning a T20I series while captaining the team himself.
- Pakistan finally win a T20 series after four consecutive series losses, one of them being at the hands of Sri Lanka and that also in their own backyard.
- The inclusion of the senior players like Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez has proven to be valuable and they both showcased their talent and proved how important their inclusion is in this young Pakistan squad.
After the T20 series, the Test and ODI series will now be played between the two sides. Interestingly, the series will take a break due to the Pakistan Super League that is going to start from the 20th February and will start again from the 3rd April 2020.
The schedule of the upcoming Test and ODI matches between Pakistan and Bangladesh is as follows:
- 1st Test: Rawalpindi from 7-11 February
- Only ODI: Karachi on 3 April
- 2nd Test: Karachi from 5-9 April
For or Cricket and Sports Updates keep following Allsportspk