A total of 5 matches were played today of the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018 friendly matches. The Match wise highlights of all 5 matches are appended below.
Match Wise Highlights
Match 1 of 5: Moldova Vs Congo
Result: Match Postponed – Cancelled
Match 2 of 5: Romania Vs Chile
Result: 3 – 2
- Romania: Nicolae Stanciu 13′, Ciprian Deac 66′, Constantin Budescu 84′
- Chile: Guillermo Maripan 32′, Lorenzo Reyez 52′
- Romania faced Chile in a match that turned out to be a nail-biter one. Romania did win in the end; however, Chile didn’t go down without a fight.
- A win was going to serve as a boost before the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia.
- The match kicked off as both teams wanted to score in the 1st half of the match and get in the lead.
- Romania achieved this objective as Nicolae Stanciu scored at the 13th minute of the match to make it 1 – 0.
- Chile didn’t sit on the sidelines for too long as Guillermo joined the action to score at the 32nd minute and the scores were now level.
- Several tries were made by each team to get the lead in the 1st half however, no team succeeded as the 1st half came to an end.
- The 2nd half went underway and with only 7 minutes into the play, Chile’s player Lorenze Reyes netted the ball and gave his team the lead in the match.
- Romania needed a goal and Ciprin Deac fulfilled their need by scoring at the 66th minute and making it 2 – 2.
- At this point, with 35 minutes of play left, both teams now aimed to score a tie-breaker goal.
- At this point, Chile were dominating with the ball possession but it didn’t matter to Romania. As, Constantin managed to score at the 84th minute and this strike proved to be a match-winning one.
Match 3 of 5: Luxembourg Vs Senegal
Result: 0 – 0
- Luxembourg were playing on their home soil so they had a definite advantage over Senegal. But, on the other hand, Senegal had managed to score at least twice in the last thirteen matches they played away from home.
- So, keeping in mind the stats mentioned above it was surely going to be a tight match between the two.
- The 1st half started and Senegal were quite dominant in it as they took continous tries at their opponent’s goal in order to score.
- But, neither Senegal nor Luxembourg were able to score a goal in the 1st half as it ended with 0 – 0 on the scoreboard.
- The 2nd hald started and again it was Senegal who was were dominating the ball possession. But, they weren’t able to get past Luxembourg’s goal-keeper.
- This became the story of the whole match as neither side managed to score a goal and the match ended in a draw.
Match 4 of 5: Morocco Vs Ukraine
Result: 0 – 0
- Yet another match happened today where no goals were scored by either side and the match ended in a draw.
- Despite each side getting several free kicks in the 1st half no team was successful in getting past their opponents defense.
- So, the first half ended as the scoreboard read 0 – 0. Before the 2nd half Ukraine did two substitutions as Mykola and Artem were inserted in the squad.
- Morocco also did two subs as Khalid and Medhi came out for Achraf and Amine.
- But despite these changes, no side was able to score in the 2nd half as this match also ended without any goal and the final score read 0 – 0.
Match 5 of 5: Slovakia Vs Netherlands
Result: 1 – 1
- Netherlands: Quincy Promes 59’
- Slovakia: Adam Nemec 8′
- Both teams namely Slokovia and Netherlands were hoping to win this match to better prepare for the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia.
- An early goal is always an advantage for the team that scores it. In this case it was Slokovia’s striker Adam Nemec who scored a goal at the 8th minute of the match.
- The Dutch now started to counter-attack in hopes of levelling the scoreboard in the 1st half.
- However, Slovakia’s outstanding defense was too good for them as they didn’t allow a goal to be scored in the 1st half of the match.
- After the break, the 2nd half went underway as the Dutch team looked to find a scoring chance.
- And, finally they succeeded in their hunt for a goal as Netherland’s left-winger namely Quincy Promes scored at the 59th minute and the scores were now level.
- Netherland were now taking more shots at the goal as they had the full intent of winning this match.
- But, Slovakia kept the Dutch at bay till the very end as the referee blew the whistle and the match ended in a draw.
That is it for today. Do visit us tomorrow for more FIFA World Cup 2018, International Friendly Matches Highlights.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk