French Open 2018 Highlights: Day 8 – 2nd Half
As the French Open 2018 is progressing, the matches are becoming more exciting. Some exquisite performances were seen today at the French Open 2018. Novak Djokovic and Marco Cecchinato from Men’s Tennis and Daria Kasatkina from Women’s Tennis made it to quarterfinals of the French Open.
This is the 2nd half of the French Open Match Highlights of Day 8. In case, if you have missed the first highlights of the first half of day 8 click the link below:
Allsportspk presents to you the highlights of the second half of the 8th day of the French Open as it happened on Sunday which are as follows:
Men’s Tennis Highlights
Match: Novak Djokovic Vs Fernando Verdasco
Result: Novak Djokovic defeated Fernando Verdasco at the French Open by 6-3, 6-4, 6-2.
- The Serbian Tennis star, Novak Djokovic, who defeated the Spaniard Roberto in the round of 32, faced Fernando Verdasco of Spain in the round of 16.
- Fernando gave a very tough time to Djokovic in all the sets as the Spaniard looked in pretty good form.
- In the first set, Novak was leading Fernando by 3 points but he soon recovered them. After some good strokes with forehand and backhand, Novak won the first set by 6-3.
- Again in the second set, Fernando put up a good fight against the Serbian but his double faults caused him the set by 6-4.
— ATP World Tour (@ATPWorldTour) June 3, 2018
- However, Novak didn’t let the Spaniard to slip through his hands and defeated him in the third set again by 6-2.
- Novak Djokovic sealed the victory by winning three sets in a row and booked his place in the quarterfinals.
- Novak will face the Italian Marco Cecchinato in the quarterfinals of the French Open 2018.
Match: Marco Cecchinato Vs David Goffin
Result: Marco Cecchinato defeated David Goffin at the French Open 2018 by 7-5, 4-6, 6-0, 6-3.
- The first set was won by Marco Cecchinato but David won the next set to equalize the game.
- After the first two sets, both the players looked positive as an amazing match was expected from both of them.
- David struggled in the next two sets as Marco didn’t let him stand on the clay court.
- The performance of Marco in the third set was fabulous as he won it by 6-0.
- However, David Goffin also lost his last chance in the fourth set as Marco again defeated him by 6-3.
- It was a tight match as both the players gave their best on the court today.
- Marco Cecchinato made it to the quarter finals of the French Open 2018 where he will be facing Novak Djokovic of Serbia.
Women’s Tennis Highlights
Match: Daria Kasatkina Vs Caroline Wozniacki
Result: Daria Kasatkina won the first two sets from Caroline Wozniacki by 7-6(5), 6-0.
- An exquisite performance was seen on the clay court today in the first set from both the players. Daria and Wozniacki gave their best in the first set to win it.
- But the set came on a tie and Daria dominated in the first set over Caroline by 7-6(5).
- Although, Daria made 4 double faults against Caroline but still she won the match.
- In the second set, Daria defeated Wozniacki with all his strength by 6-0 and looked excited after the match was over.
- The match was suspended due to light problem and will be resumed on Monday.
Match: Yulia Putintseva Vs Barbora Strýcová
Result: Yulia Putintseva defeated Barbora Strýcová by 6-4, 6-3.
- What a sensational and an absolute performance it was by the Kazakh player, Yulia Putintseva, today in the match against Barbora.
- Yulia looked in pretty good form and cheered the crowd by defeating her opponent in a row.
- Barbora made two double faults in the whole match which was one reason to her failure.
- On the other hand, Yulia won 59 points and Barbora won only 47 points in all the sets.
- It was a good start by Yulia Putintseva in the first set as she won it by 6-4.
- However, Barbora’s efforts in the third set were better than before but still she lost the set and made her way back home.
- Yulia will now play against Madison Keys of America in the quarterfinal of the French Open 2018.
These were the highlights of the first half of the 8th day of Men’s and Women’s Tennis. Join allsportspk, if you still haven’t, so that you can see the French Open 2018 day 9.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk