||West Indies Vs Bangladesh
| Match Basics
|2nd Test Match – Day 3: West Indies Vs Bangladesh
|Date: 14th July, 2018
|Venue: Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
|Umpires: Richard Illingworth, Sundaram Ravi
|Toss won by: Bangladesh ,elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|West Indies 1st Innings: 354 all out (112 Overs, RR: 3.16)
|Bangladesh 1st Innings: 149 all out (46.1 Overs, RR: 3.22)
|West Indies 2nd Innings (Continued): 129 all out (45 Overs, RR: 2.86)
|Performers – Day 3:
|Batting: Jason Holder 32 off 60 balls, Hetmyer 18 off 31 balls, Powell 18 off 27 balls.
|Bowling: Shakib Al Hasan 6/33 in 17 overs, Mehidy Hasan Miraz 2/45 in 11 overs, Abu Jayed 1/21 in 8 overs, Taijul Islam 1/24 in 7 overs.
|Bangladesh 2nd Innings: 168 all out (42 Overs, RR: 4.0)
|Performers – Day 3:
|Batting: Shakib Al Hasan 54 off 81 balls, Liton Das 33 off 33 balls, Mushfiqur Rahim 31 off 36 balls.
|Bowling: Jason Holder 6/59 in 13 overs, Shannon Gabriel 1/29 in 9 overs, Keemo Paul 1/34 in 7 overs, Roston Chase 2/20 in 8 overs.
|Result: West Indies won by 166 runs.
|Man of the Match: Jason Holder
|Highlights & Analysis
|West Indies Vs Bangladesh: West Indies 2nd Innings
- West Indies were in the lead by 224 runs and 9 wickets in hand.
- On Day 3, several cracks had appeared on the pitch which would result in variable bounce.
- In these conditions, the chances of the ball keeping low was quite optimal and bowlers would have a party bowling on this pitch.
- Play resumed as Devon Smith and the nightwatchman Keemo Paul came out to bat.
- For Bangladesh, it was Abu Jayed and Shakib Al Hasan who bowled from each end.
- Chances were created from the very start and 3 overs into the day, Smith lost his wicket to Shakib.
- Kieran Powell joined Keemo Paul. The pair added 19 runs to the total after which the nightwatchman, Paul lost his wicket to Shakib.
- Shai Hope joined Kieran Powell. But this partnership also lasted one over as Shakib got the wicket of Powell and Windies lost their 4th wicket.
- Hetmyer joined Shai Hope. From the other end, Taijul Islam was brought into the attack and the bowler struck straightaway as he claimed the wicket of Hope.
- At this point, West Indies were 5 wickets down with a lead of 269 runs.
- Hetmyer was joined by Roston Chase. The pair added 29 runs to the total to take the lead above 300 runs.
- Abu Jayed was introduced back into the attack and he struck straightaway as he pinned Hetmyer lbw to claim his first wicket of the innings.
- Shane Dowrich joined Roston Chase. Another 25 runs was added by the two batsmen as after which Mehidy Hasan took the wicket of Chase.
- The last three wickets fell in the next four overs as Mehidy took one and Shakib took three to complete his six-for and bowl out Windies on 129 runs.
- Despite this poor performance, Windies had managed to secure a lead of 334 runs.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh: Bangladesh 2nd Innings
- Bangladesh needed to face the fiery West Indies bowlers and score 335 runs to win this test.
- The openers namely Tamim Iqbal and Liton Das came to the crease. For West Indies, Jason Holder and Gabriel bowled from their respective ends.
- As expected Windies struck early as Holder claimed the wicket of Tamim in his 2nd over of the innings.
- Mominul Haque joined Liton Das. The two batsmen showed composure with Liton Das being the aggressor by attacking Windies spearheads, Gabriel & Holder.
- After 9 overs, Bangladesh were 36 for the loss of one wicket. This sparked a change by Jason Holder as he brought Paul and Cummins from both ends.
- This tactic worked as Liton Das finally succumbed against Paul and lost his wicket.
- The Bangladesh captain, Shakib Al Hasan joined Mominul Haque. The pair added 10 runs to the total after which Roston Chase claimed the wicket of Mominul Haque and tea was called on Day 3.
- Post tea, Mahmudullah joined Shakib Al Hasan. The pair added 15 runs to the total after which Roston Chase claimed the wicket of Mahmudullah.
- Mushfiqur Rahim joined Shakib Al Hasan. West Indies wanted another wicket but the pair defied the West Indian bowlers and put up the first 50 run stand of the innings.
- This stand was finally broken by Jason Holder who claimed his 2nd wicket of the innings. At this stage it was evident that Bangladesh was going to lose this match(West Indies Vs Bangladesh).
- At this point, Bangladesh needed 214 runs to win with only 5 wickets in hand.
- Nurul Hasan joined Shakib Al Hasan but he bagged a golden duck as Holder got his 3rd wicket of the day.
- Mehidy Hasan joined Shakib Al Hasan. The pair could only add 17 more runs to the total after which Gabriel claimed the wicket of Mehidy Hasan.
- Windies now required only 3 wickets to win this match.
- Taijul Islam joined Shakib Al Hasan. The pair added some runs and Shakib Al Hasan reached his half century.
- However, Shakib’s joy was short lived as in the very next over, Holder shattered his stumps to claim his 4th wicket.
- Kamrul Hasan joined Taijul Islam and his wicket was also taken by Jason Holder to complete his ten wickets of the match; A fine effort.
- Abu Jayed was the last batsman but he departed in the very same over as Windies won the match by 167 runs.
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 2nd Test Day 2: Helpless Bangladesh Crumble Against Windies
West Indies Vs Bangladesh – 2nd Test: Day 1 – Batsmen Put Windies In Command
This is the end of the series between West Indies Vs Bangladesh. Keep visiting Allsportspk for more cricketing updates.
Kamrul Islam Rabbi
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Nurul Hasan (Wkt.)
Shakib Al Hasan (Capt.)
JO Holder (Capt.)
SO Dowrich (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk