India Vs England 3rd Test
||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|3rd Test – Day 3: India Vs England
|Date: 20th August 2018
|Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
|Umpires: Marais Erasmus, Chris Gaffaney
|Toss won by: England, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|India’s 2nd Innings: 352/7d (110 Overs, RR: 3.2)
|Performers (Day 3):
|Batting: Virat Kohli 103 from 197 balls, CA Pujara 72 from 208 balls, Rahane 29 fom 94 balls, Hardik Pandya 52 from 52 balls.
|Bowling: Jimmy Anderson 1/55 in 22 overs, Chris Woakes 1/49 in 22 overs, Ben Stokes 2/68 in 20 overs, Adil Rashid 3/101 in 27 overs.
|England’s 2nd Innings (continued): 23/0 (9 Overs, RR: 2.55)
|Performers (Day 3):
|Batting: Alastair Cook 9* off 28 balls , Kyle Jennings 13* off 27 balls
|Bowling: Ishant Sharma 0/5 in 4 overs, Jasprit Bumrah 0/16 in 3 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- Play resumed on Day 3 of this test, as Kohli and Pujara walked out to bat. For England, Anderson and Broad began their bowling from their respective ends.
- The pair continued to bat on and toil the English bowlers who were looking stale against these two batsmen.
- England’s troubles were doubled as the English wicket-keeper, Johnny Bairstow got hit by the ball on his left hand, and was rushed off the ground.
- And, his place was taken by the Jos Buttler, England’s 2nd choice wicket keeper.
- As play resumed after this unfortunate incident, Kohli and Pujara brought up the 50 run stand between them.
- Soon Pujara reached his fifty, his first in 16 innings so far in this format of the game.
- In the next over, Kohli also reached the half century mark as India looked settled to attain a big lead.
- Lunch was called on Day 3 of this test. At this point, India were 2 wickets down with 194 runs on the board.
- Post lunch, play resumed as the batting pair stretched their partnership to a hundred runs.
- However, two overs later, Pujara lost his wicket, courtesy of Stokes wild out swinger.
- Ajinkaye Rahane joined Virat Kohli. The pair added another 50 runs to the total and Virat Kohli also reached his 23rd Test century.
- However, Kohli could not extend his score as Woakes claimed his wicket to give England a sigh a relief.
- Pant joined Rahane, but he departed in the very next over to Jimmy Anderson who got his first wicket of the innings.
- Hardik Pandya joined Rahane. A 47 run partnership was shared between the two batsmen, after which Adil Rashid claimed the wicket of Rahane.
- Shami joined Hardik Pandya who continued to score and reached his fifty.
- Adil Rashid got the wicket of Shami, after which India declared their innings with a lead of 520 runs.
India Vs England: England’s 2nd Innings
- With 521 runs to win this test, English batsmen, Alastair Cook and Kyle Jennings walked out to bat. For India, the new ball was given to Jasprit Bumrah and Ishant Sharma.
- There were some close calls in the 9 overs, but India were not able to get a breakthrough as stumps were called on Day 3 of this test.
India Vs England – 3rd Test Day 1: Kohli, Rahane Put India On Top
India Vs England – 2nd Test Day 2: Anderson’s Five Wicket Haul Destroys India
India Vs England – 1st Test Day 4: Stokes The Hero In A Thrilling Victory
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 3rd Test, Day 3. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 4th day of India Vs England 3rd test match.
RR Pant (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
JM Bairstow (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!