India Vs England – 4th Test Day 3: Buttler’s Fifty; England In The Lead
||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|4th Test – Day 3: India Vs England
|Date: 1st September 2018
|Venue: The Rose Bowl, Southampton
|Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena, Bruce Oxenford
|Toss won by: England, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|England’s 2nd Innings (continued): 260/8 (91.5 Overs, RR: 2.83)
|Performers (Day 3):
|Batting: Sam Curran 37* off 67 balls, Joe Root 48 off 88 balls, Kyle Jennings 36 off 87 balls, Jos Buttler 69 off 122 balls
|Bowling: Mohammad Shami 3/53 in 13.5 overs, Ishant Sharma 2/36 in 15 overs, Jasprit Bumrah 1/51 in 19 overs, R Ashwin 1/78 in 35 overs
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- After surviving 4 overs on the 2nd day, English openers, Kyle Jennings and Alastair Cook walked out to bat. For India, Ashwin and Ishant Sharma bowled from each end.
- The ball was getting exceptional amount of turn the crafty off spinner, Ashwin was using it to trouble the two openers.
- But somehow, both were able to by pass the Ashwin threat, as Kohli brought Bumrah from the other end.
- Ishant Sharma asserted pressure from one end and as expected Bumrah snuffled the wicket of Cook whose disappointing form continued.
- Owing to his exceptional ongoing form, Moeen Ali was sent at No. 3.
- However, he survived only 3 overs, as Ishant Sharma claimed his wicket in his 6th over.
- The English captain, Joe Root joined Kyle Jennings The pair reached their fifty run partnership as England’s lead also surpassed 50 runs.
- India needed a wicket and it was Shami who fulfilled his team’s need as he claimed the wicket of Jennings and lunch was called on Day 3.
- Post lunch, the new batsman, Jonny Bairstow joined Joe Root. But, his stay lasted only one ball as Shami shattered the batsman’s stumps to claim his second wicket.
- At this point, England were 4 wickets down for 92 runs.
- Now, Ben Stokes joined Joe Root. The batsmen added 30 runs to the total as England stretched their lead even further.
- This is when Joe Root got unlucky as he got run out, courtesy of Mohammed Shami’s accurate throw.
- With England five wickets down, the ever reliable Jos Buttler joined Ben Stokes.
- The pair added 56 runs to the total after which Stokes’ over defensive technique gifted his wicket to Ashwin.
- Sam Curran joined Jos Buttler. The pair kept adding runs from both ends as Buttler got to his fifty and England’s lead crossed the 200 mark.
- Buttler continued to score and was looking well set to score more, when an inswinger from Ishant pinned him lbw. The batsman took the review but it went in India’s favor as England lost their chance of a successful review.
- Adil Rashid joined Sam Curran and after adding a few runs Shami claimed his wicket as Day 4 ended with England in the lead by 233 runs.
India Vs England – 4th Test Day 1: India Dominate With Bat & Ball
India Vs England – 4th Test Day 2: Pujara’s Century; India In Front
India Vs England: Indian Squad Announced For The Last Two Tests
This is the end of India Vs England 4th Test, Day 3. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 4th day of India Vs England 4th test match.
JC Buttler (Wkt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
RR Pant (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk