International Champions Cup 2018: Highlights – 30th July 2018
One match was held today on 30th July. The highlights of the match is appended below the points table. In case, you missed the matches held on 29th July, click here.
International Champions Cup – Match 16 of 27: Paris Saint-Germain vs Atletico Madrid
Result: 3 – 2
- Atletico Madrid: Victor Carpintero Mollejo 75′, Antoine Bernede 86′(OG)
- Paris Saint-Germain: Christopher Nkunku 32′, Moussa Diaby 71′, Virgiliu Postolachi 90+2′
|Paris Saint-Germain||Team Stats||Atletico Madrid|
|8||Shots On Target||8|
- After two straight losses, the French club finally added a win to their list by winning their first match against Atletico Madrid in the ongoing International Champions Cup 2018.
- In the 1st half, after a couple of unsuccessful strikes, PSG took the lead, as Christopher Nkunku struck from close range to make it 1-0.
- In reply, Atletico Madrid could not score despite getting a late corner, as the first half ended with PSG in the lead.
Christopher Nkunku’s strike gives PSG the lead at the break over Atletico Madrid. Tuchel’s men are now 69% likely to win the game according to the market.
Can Simeone mastermind a comeback? The market only gives them a 9% chance of winning.
— Smarkets (@smarkets) July 30, 2018
- At the start of the 2nd half, substitutions were made by both sides.
- Atletico Madrid continued their search for an equalizer but, their constant misses were hindering this objective.
- On the other hand, PSG carried on their stellar approach, as Moussa Diaby converted an assist from Timothy Weah to strike the ball into the nets and make it 2-0.
- 4 minutes later, Atletico Madrid finally came to its senses and Victor Mollejo netted the ball into the bottom right corner to make it 2-1.
- With the match coming to its ending phases, PSG’s luck fluttered as Antoine Bernede scored an own goal. The scores were now equalized at 2-2.
— Marickian (@Marickian) July 30, 2018
- The match now proceeded into 2nd halve’s injury time. A chance of a penalty shootout was imminent, however it was eliminated by Virgiliu Postolachi who struck a goal for Paris as they won the match by 3-2.
That goal for Víctor Mollejo, who looks and plays much older than his 17 years, makes him first player to score for Atletico born in 21st century methinks.
— Dermot Corrigan (@dermotmcorrigan) July 30, 2018
What’s the feeling around Weah at PSG regarding this upcoming season? We know Tuchel likes to give young players opportunities, but is there others young players farther along at their positions that get time over him.
— 1day??⚽willriseup (@sumdayfootball) July 30, 2018
Visit Allsportspk on 1st August for the next matches of the International Champions Cup 2018.