Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins It Single-Handedly For Juventus
These are the first three matches of of Serie A, Match Day 10 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 1 of 10: Atalanta vs Parma
Result: 3 – 0
Atalanta: Riccardo Gagliolo 55′ (OG), Jose Luis Palomino 72′, Gianluca Mancini 80′
|12||Shots On Target||2|
- Atalanta affirmed they are well and really ready for action like never before in the wake of beating Parma 3-0, however it took an unfortunate own goal to break the gridlock.
- The hosts were started up subsequent to completion their nine-diversion winless streak in all opposition with a 5-1 devastation of Chievo, including Josip Ilicic’s hattrick.
- Andrea Masiello and Marco Tumminello stayed as an afterthought lines, however Parma invited back Gervinho to the starting XI, regardless of whether they lost Roberto Inglese to damage. He joined Alberto Grassi, Federico Dimarco, Jacopo Dezi and Francisco Sierralta on the treatment table.
Just like Chievo last week. At it from the very first whistle. Brilliant back to back wins. What a difference a fully fit Ilicic makes!
— Atalanta Now (@AtalantaNow) October 27, 2018
- Fabio Ceravolo gestured wide at the far post, at that point his daring back-heel flick was parried from short proximity by Etrit Berisha’s legs. Ilicic at the opposite end turned Roberto Gagliolo back to front before his shot was palmed out from under the bar, at that point Luigi Sepe denied a Musa Barrow header.
- Portuguese veteran Bruno Alves made two conclusive handles one after another on Ilicic and Gomez, however Parma had a triple scoring opportunity straight after the restart.
- First Berisha punched away a cross, at that point Luca Siligardi’s follow-up was run after by Jose Luis Palomino, skiped into the way of Gervinho, who was by one means or another denied from point-clear range by Rafael Toloi.
After a furious second half @Atalanta_BC get all three points at home! ⚫️?
◾️Atalanta get their 2⃣nd win in a row and only 2⃣ home win of the season!
◾️Young defender Mancini with a goal and an assist
◾️Parma with back-to-back losses ?
— Strive Sport (@StriveFootball) October 27, 2018
- Rather, Atalanta led the pack with a stroke of favorable luck. Ilicic’s savage yet focal strike stung Sepe’s gloves, just to ricochet in off the shins of Riccardo Gagliolo for a claim objective.
- Pushcart and Gomez additionally bored wide, with Siligardi’s well-brought volley ran after, however the hosts multiplied their leverage on a set play.
- Meanwhile, defender Gianluca Mancini flicked on the corner with his set out toward Palomino to tap in at the back post.
Riccardo Gagliolo netted an own goal while Jose Palomino & Gianluca Mancini scored the second & third to hand Atalanta a 3-0 home win against Parma #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) October 27, 2018
- Mancini gave the help and added a goal to his count before long, sliding in to meet an Ilicic corner in the six-yard box.
- Ilicic still was not glad and his intense styler shook the crossbar in the last minutes.
Serie A – Match 3 of 10: Empoli vs Juventus
Result: 1 – 2
- Empoli: Francesco Caputo 28′
- Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo 54′ (P), 70′
|2||Shots On Target||7|
- Francesco Caputo had given Empoli a merited lead, yet Cristiano Ronaldo turned it around with a penalty and a superb strike for a Juventus triumph.
- The Bianconeri saw their ideal beginning to the season destroyed by a 1-1 draw with Genoa a week ago, however ricocheted back straight away with a Champions League triumph at Old Trafford. Emre Can, Sami Khedira and Mario Mandzukic were still out of activity, while Empoli missed Levan Mchedlidze, Frederic Veseli and Alejandro Rodriguez. Antonino La Gumina was dropped for veteran Ciccio Caputo and a 4-3-2-1 development.
Colour of the jersey changes,
Cristiano Ronaldo remains the Same.
— Zeeshan⁷ (@Factnaldo) October 27, 2018
- Giorgio Chiellini hauled out in the warm-up, so Daniele Rugani ventured in against his old club and Paulo Dybala acquired the commander’s armband.
- Juve were unbeaten against Empoli since a 1-0 Castellani result in April 1999, trailed by 12 wins and two draws, home and away in Serie A.
- Federico Bernardeschi was prepared to tap in an Alex Sandro ball moved over the six-yard box, yet Cristiano Ronaldo made a plunge first and neither of them could get a spotless shot.
- Empoli developed into the match and set up together a progression of corners, however Rade Krunic’s styler was excessively near Wojciech Szczesny.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s stats for Juventus this season:
8 Man of the Match (MOM)
Don’t compare, this guy is the GOAT pic.twitter.com/uglFR653yl
— Theinfong.com (@TheInfoNG) October 27, 2018
- Domenico Maietta took a chance with an own goal with his scraped interference of a Blaise Matuidi cross, however Empoli were pushing and at last led the pack.
- Afriyie Acquah flooded forward, a diversion took it over into the way of Caputo, who swung the left-foot strike into the far best corner from simply inside the container.
- Ronaldo’s transcending header was into the arms of Provedel, while Di Lorenzo was foreseen as he endeavored to volley in a Miha Zajc free kick. Acquah went on another mighty run, yet this time Zajc endeavored to slice inside on to his correct boot and was closed off inside the penalty territory.
54th Min: Ronaldo equalizes for Juventus
70th Min: Ronaldo winning it for Juventus
— Real Fantasy Teams (@RealFantasyTeam) October 27, 2018
- The official saw VAR film on the stroke of half-time for a Leonardo Bonucci dealing with offense, yet it was excessively hidden from plain view to be viewed as intentional or conclusive.
- This was the first run through this season Juventus had gone into the separate an objective and they emerged cocked and locked for the second half. In a similar move, Provedel hurried off his line to repel Alex Sandro at the far post, at that point fingertipped the Pjanic strike on to the crossbar from a tight edge.
Ronaldo carrying Juventus all by himself at age 33. If he wins the CL there is no Messi debate. Debates ended when he won Euros and 3 CL in a row but it’s been forced debate since
— Meech (@Hustler_Futbol) October 27, 2018
- Empoli talented a punishment, changed over by Cristiano Ronaldo, as Bennacer’s touch was substantial and he cumbersomely found the back of Paulo Dybala trying to recoup.
- Bonucci needed to make an interference as Rade Krunic’s redirected shot was moving into the way of Caputo, however Ronaldo turned the match around totally with a shocking individual exertion.
- CR7 released a right-foot screamer from 20 meters out that swerved and dunked into the far best corner, giving Provedel positively no possibility.
— Ronaldista ? (@ShahabGull) October 27, 2018
- Substitute Juan Cuadrado attempted to set up Ronaldo for a hattrick, however the haul back was behind his colleague. Krunic’s scraped shot was covered by Szczesny and Caputo’s volley on the turn arrived on the top of the net.
Serie A – Match 3 of 10: Torino vs Fiorentina
Result: 1 – 1
- Torino: Alban Lafont 13′ (OG)
- Fiorentina: Marco Benassi 2′
|2||Shots On Target||5|
- In their Serie A match of today, Torino had the better of the main half of and Fiorentina pushed back in the second, however they shared the crown jewels after two peculiar goals.
- The Granata were unbeaten in four going into this match, yet in addition angry with themselves for bungling a 2-0 lead at Bologna. Fiorentina had only one win in their last four and got just a solitary point in their four away installations this season, so shockingly dropped Giovanni Simeone, Marko Pjaca and Gerson.
- It was a bad dream beginning for Lorenzo De Silvestri, who nearly let a Federico Chiesa check skip off him and into the way of Marco Benassi for the most effortless of tap-ins. The offside snare did not have any significant bearing since it was a Toro player who set it up for the ex-Granata midfielder.
— Gol de oro (@goldeoro8) October 27, 2018
- Torino adjusted with another fairly uncommon goal, as Ola Aina’s calculated drive hit the close post, ricocheted off the back of Alban Lafont’s head and into the net.
- That changed the energy of the match and Toro picked up certainty, sticking Fiorentina back, and Walter Mazzarri was sent off for difference after a Vitor Hugo foul through the back of Iago Falque.
- Chiesa’s first touch and equalization let him down on a Cristiano Biraghi through ball, with a similar happening to Iago Falque on a Belotti help. Chiesa flooded forward from his own half and laid it off, however Mirallas did not peruse the leave and got tied behind in tangles.
— SportPesaSA (@SportPesaSA) October 27, 2018
- Torino had another extraordinary shot on the stroke of half-time, as Iago Falque strung through for De Silvestri to sting Lafont’s gloves from short proximity.
- Stefano Pioli needed to shake his collaborate and tossed on both Gerson and Giovanni Simeone. Mirallas saw his cross take an avoidance to take it past Chiesa sliding in at the far post.
- Lafont fluttered at a Falque free kick and Belotti just neglected to reach at the far post, yet the goalkeeper traveled to palm a Falque strike out of the close best corner from the edge of the case.
- There was an exceptional triple possibility for Fiorentina on 84 minutes. First Chiesa strung through for Simeone at the far post and Sirigu hurried off his line to repel, at that point the goalkeeper mixed back to thrash away the Mirallas pursue and after that Chiesa’s endeavor was run after.
Fiorentina performance was so bad that it ended a draw was a gift from heaven@Viola_Nation
— Ario Wibowo (@arioanyo) October 27, 2018
- Similarly as the Viola were pushing hard for the victor, Toro nearly scored on the counter from a corner with Ola Aina’s ground-breaking run.
Visit allsportspk later today for the next matches of Match Day 10 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.