Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Milik’s Late Stunner Takes Napoli Over The Line
This is the last one match of of Serie A, Match Day 14 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 10 of 10: Atalanta vs Napoli
Result: 1 – 2
- Atalanta: Duvan Zapata 56′
- Napoli: Fabian Ruiz Pena 2′, Arkadiusz Milik 85′
|2||Shots On Target||6|
- Arkadiusz Milik came into the match off the bench and inside four minutes grabbed Napoli’s 2-1 triumph away to Atalanta with a left-foot half-volley.
- The Partenopei required a triumph to stay away from Juventus going 11 clear at the highest point of the table, so utilized a similar XI that beat Red Star Belgrade 3-1 midweek.
- Atalanta had won four of every a column, including the 4-1 whipping of Inter, before an unexpected 3-2 thrashing to Empoli. Josip Ilicic saw red in that diversion and began his two-coordinate boycott, supplanted by Emiliano Rigoni, with Rafael Toloi harmed in protection.
Arkadiusz Milik comes off the bench to finish sublimely and possibly give Napoli a huge win at Atalanta
— Andrew Cesare (@acrcalcio) December 3, 2018
- It took 76 seconds to break the stop, as Lorenzo Insigne sprung the specific high Atalanta offside device and moved crosswise over for Fabian Ruiz to tap in at the back post. This was the Spaniard’s third back to back Serie An away match on target.
- David Ospina was blessed to escape with a slip while clearing the ball, as Atalanta neglected to benefit as much as possible from the blessing, while Fabian Ruiz scraped an endeavored heave when one-on-one with Etrit Berisha.
- Insigne was hailed offside when his volley was fingertipped on to the upstanding, yet there are questions concerning whether he was level or not.
Napoli with a very impressive win away from home vs Atlanta #LFC
— Dijkinho (@Dijkinho) December 3, 2018
- Duvan Zapata tried Ospina at the close post, yet Insigne slipped at the essential minute when one-on-one with Berisha and turned the hurl wide. He additionally crashed into the goalkeeper as he fell and was limping for some time, yet ready to proceed.
- Straight after the restart, Atalanta nearly balanced, as Duvan Zapata jumped past protectors at the by-line and pulled back for Remo Freuler, however Albiol inspired a definitive diversion to turn it wide.
- Hans Hateboer came sliding in a minute past the point where it is possible to meet the Robin Gosens cross to the back post, and the Atalanta weight was developing until an inescapable equalizer.
- Hateboer thumped down a lost Rigoni shot for Duvan Zapata to volley in from short proximity. The Colombian did not celebrate against his old club.
109 – Atalanta 1 – 2 Napoli ?? Serie A
Good fast paced, open game with both teams creating a lot of chances. Atalanta looked pretty strong on the wings and Napoli looked good throughout, deserving the win.
CME: Duván Zapata
— Luke (@GriffinFtbl) December 3, 2018
- Insigne kept a troublesome ball in play to test Berisha from the most impenetrable of points, at that point the goalkeeper surged off his line to cover as the Italian kept running on to a through ball, as did Ospina on Papu Gomez.
- Milik fell off the seat and inside four minutes had placed Napoli in front. He flicked up a Mario Rui cross with the outside of his left boot, watched it descend as Berisha came removing and let go in the volley again with his left at the close post.
- Insigne nearly fixed it minutes after the fact, however his calculated drive was parried by Berisha’s foot. Duvan Zapata effectively out-dashed Albiol and the coasted cross would’ve been turned in by Marco Tumminello without Mario Rui’s capture attempt.
Visit allsportspk on 8th December, for the next matches of Match Day 15 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.