Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Manduzik’s Superb Header Wins It For Juventus
This is the first match of of Serie A, Match Day 15 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 1 of 10: Juventus vs Inter Milan
Result: 1 – 0
- Juventus: Mario Mandzukic 66′
|Juventus||Team Stats||Inter Milan|
|5||Shots On Target||1|
- Mario Mandzukic’s jumping header on a cross from ex-Inter man Joao Cancelo demonstrated conclusive, as Juventus won the Derby d’Italia and flew 14 points clear of their adversaries.
- The Derby d’Italia is dependably a gigantic installation in Italy, however this time it accompanied pioneers Juventus still unbeaten and 11 clear of third-set Inter. Alex Sandro, Sami Khedira and Andrea Barzagli were out of activity, with Rodrigo Bentancur shaking off a back issue.
Juventus have collected 43 of the max possible 45 points after 15 Serie-A games. The best start by any club to a Serie-A season in history.
— Arjun Pradeep (@IndianRegista) December 7, 2018
- The Nerazzurri missed Radja Nainggolan and Dalbert, however Sime Vrsaljko came back to the beginning XI. Luciano Spalletti shockingly began Roberto Gagliardini and Joao Mario instead of Matias Vecino and Stefan de Vrij.
- The Nerazzurri have not vanquished the Juventus Stadium since a 3-1 result in November 2012, leaving here with just two stalemates from seven visits between Serie A and the Coppa Italia. All the more essentially, they have neglected to score a solitary goal here since 2015.
43 – Juventus have equaled the best start after 15 match-days in the top five European Leagues in the three-point era (43 points). Unstoppable. #JuveInter
— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) December 7, 2018
- Paulo Dybala began solid, his rising shot finger-tipped over the bar, however Giorgio Chiellini inspired a pivotal capture attempt to stop Mauro Icardi meeting Ivan Perisic’s cross from six yards.
- Inter Milan included two brilliant open doors inside a few minutes, however both went asking. First Matteo Politano and Icardi joined to set up Gagliardini clear from 10 yards, yet his scraped complete ricocheted off within the far post and retreat.
No team in Europe’s top 5 leagues has ever had a better start to a league season after 15 games than Juventus.
— Forza Juventus (@ForzaJuve2017) December 7, 2018
- Minutes after the fact, another astounding Politano pull-once again from the by-line discovered Icardi and Perisic, who both took the plunge and got in one another’s way.
- The ball was in Juve’s court to compromise in an extremely open and engaging match. Mario Mandzukic did not get enough capacity to a free header, at that point Marcelo Brozovic frantically flung himself at a Bentancur strike to redirect it wide. On the subsequent corner, Handanovic’s gloves were stung at the close post by Chiellini’s header.
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) December 7, 2018
- Entomb botched another colossal chance straight after the restart, as Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi blunders talented the ball on the edge of the case, yet Politano’s complete from nine yards was frantically hindered by Leonardo Bonucci’s body.
- At the opposite end, Matuidi squirmed far from safeguards to move over the six-yard line, yet Mandzukic couldn’t reach as he endeavored to flick it.
- Joao Miranda was gotten under lock and key, yet Dybala expanded over the bar, as did Cristiano Ronaldo from separation. Bentancur went into the book and will be suspended for the Derby della Mole against Torino.
Juventus 1 – 0 Inter
Chiellini by far MOTM, he’s incredible! João Cancelo too was exceptional as always.
— Ash ??⚽ (@juve93cule) December 7, 2018
- Juventus did in the long run break the halt when Cancelo whipped the cross to the back post for Mandzukic’s plunging header, the Croatian foreseeing his previous partner Kwadwo Asamoah.
- Inter Milan began to stick Juve over into their own half as they looked for an equalizer with Keita Balde Diao and Lautaro Martinez off the seat, while Emre Can made his rebound after medical procedure to evacuate thyroid knobs.
- Profound into stoppages, Lautaro Martinez volleyed wide after a poor Cancelo freedom.
At 34 years of age Giorgio Chiellini is still one of the best center backs in the world.
In the #JuveInter game he was absolutely fantastic. Won everything in the air, made some really vital tackles but most importantly he was the leader Juventus needed.
Definitely my MOTM. pic.twitter.com/bDJZtk7fnt
— Alex (@CFCAlexG) December 7, 2018
Visit allsportspk later today, for the next matches of Match Day 15 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.