Aqeel Khan beat Abid Khan by 6-3, 6-4 to win the Sheheryar Malik National Grass Court Tennis Championship 2018 at Bagh-e-Jinnah Tennis Courts, Lahore.
A competitive game which Aqeel Khan due to his experience and calm style of play, was able to win. Although Abid did show show some aggression but could not match Aqeel.
In Men’s Doubles Aqeel Khan and Shahzad Khan beat Muhammad Abid and Usman Rafique by 6-3, 6-3.
In Under 18
- Nouman Aftab (Karachi) beat Saqib Umer (Peshawar) by 6-1, 6-0.
In Mens Senior 40 Plus
- Sid Siddique and Fayyaz khan were retired hurt against Talha Waheed and Maj (R) Adnan with the score 3-0 in favour of Talha and Adnan who were thereby declared the winners.
In mens 50 Plus
- Ex Davis Cup player Rashid Malik along with his partner Israr Gul beat Rai Zafar and Dr Naveed Rizvi by 6-3, 6-3.
Men’s Senior 60 plus
- Asad Niaz and Khurram Kawaja beat Iftikhar Ahmed Rao and Rai Zarar by 6-4, 6-7, 10-5.
In Under 14
- Sami Zeb (Peshawar) beat Hamid Israr (Peshawar) by 6-1, 6-2.
In Under 12
- Hamid Israr beat Bilal Asim by 8-6.
In under 10
- Hamza beat Abubaker Talha by 8-6.
For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk