Spanish La Liga ’18-19 – Highlights: Barcelona Squeeze A Narrow Win
These are the next 3 matches of La Liga, Match Day 2 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table. In case, you missed the highlights of the last three matches click here.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 3 of 10: Alaves vs Real Betis
Result: 0 – 0
|Alaves||Team Stats||Real Betis|
|4||Shots On Target||5|
- Despite dominating the ball possession in the entirety of the match, Real Betis could not score and neither did Alaves as the match ended in a draw.
- An early attempt to score was made by Real Betis’s Loren Moron, howeverit was too high to find the back of the net.
- Several minutes later, Zohair Feddal took a superb try by heading the ball towards the net, but it was saved by the Alaves goal keeper.
Alaves 36,98% 👍
Real Betis 34,66%
— Football Predictions (@winfo_football) 25 August 2018
- Alaves Mubarak Wakaso earned a yellow card for a bad foul and the first half ended with another foul by Alaves Manu Garcia.
- In the second half, Loren Moron missed an early chance to score as his right footed sjpt was blocked.
Second game of the season and Alaves & Betis are playing for a draw 🤦🏻♂️
— Christopher Kennedy (@CA_Kennedy1) 25 August 2018
- Despite being behind in possession, Alaves were also attacking on a consistent basis.
- However, neither they nor Real Betis scored a goal as the match ended with both teams adding one point to their Serie A points table.
Match 4 of 10: Atletico Madrid vs Rayo Vallecano
Result: 1 – 0
- Atletico Madrid: Antoine Griezmann 63′
|Atletico Madrid||Team Stats||Rayo Vallecano|
|2||Shots On Target||3|
- Atletico Madrid got their LaLiga crusade up and running as Antoine Griezmann’s intuitive second-half goal saw off Rayo Vallecano 1-0 at Wanda Metropolitano.
- Diego Simeone’s side looked sharp as they drew 1-1 with Valencia in their opening apparatus, however were languid all through the primary half against their nearby adversaries – Thomas Lemar’s low exertion the main shot of note before VAR expelled Diego Costa’s claim for a penalty.
— Marickian (@Marickian) 25 August 2018
- Costa could have improved the situation from a Lemar cross right off the bat in the second time frame, but it was Rayo who were looking the destined to break the halt.
- Yet, Griezmann, who still gives off an impression of being a long way from his best subsequent to winning the World Cup with France, was on the spot to tuck home from short proximity in the 63rd moment, however Jan Oblak took care of business late on for Atletico to anchor the crown jewels.
It’s a win for Atlético de Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano. An Antoine Griezmann goal sees get their first 3 points.
Atléti gana. Antoine Griezmann anotó cuando Los Conchoneros lograron su primera victoria de la temporada
— GFtv (@greatfootytv) 25 August 2018
- It took until the 37th moment for Atletico to assemble a significant assault, Lemar drawing a decent spare from Alberto Garcia with a shot from the edge of the crate.
- Costa cut a disappointed figure up top, however the previous Chelsea man wanted a penalty when he flicked the ball into Oscar Trejo’s arm. Official Jose Luis Gonzalez properly waved away the interest with the assistance of video intervention.
Atleti’s first league victory of the season is a 1-0 home win. Griezmann with the goal which came from a corner. As you were.
— Kay Murray (@KayLMurray) 25 August 2018
- Lemar nearly turned supplier after the second-half restart with a flawless reduction towards Costa, however the forward was not able push home from six yards.
- Griezmann endured no such wickedness, however, when he responded pointedly to get on the finish of Stefan Savic’s thump down and snared in his first goal of the Serie A season.
- Be that as it may, it was Oblak who demonstrated Atletico’s hero late on, as the goalkeeper pulled off a string of wonderful recoveries to keep Rayo under control and seal the 3 points.
Match 5 of 10: Valladolid vs Barcelona
Result: 0 – 1
- Barcelona: Ousmane Dembele 57′
|4||Shots On Target||5|
- Barcelona defeated Real Valladolid to make it two wins from two in La Liga, with Ernesto Valverde’s side anchoring a 1-0 triumph in this match.
- It took until the 56th moment for Barca to make the leap forward, with Ousmane Dembele firing a shot at the goal which turned out to be the triumphant goal.
- The away side were absolutely influenced by recently laid surface as clusters of turf showed up all through the main half, with players placing them once more into the ground.
FT: Barca win 1-0 on Dembele’s goal. A tough match on a pitch where the conditions look like the roads in our state. A scare at the end but we managed another clean sheet!
A hard fought win as Barca became… https://t.co/ZynQ6uXFS3
— Barcelona Nagas (@Barca_Naga_Fans) 25 August 2018
- In any case, Real Valladolid merited credit for their magnificent responsibility to counter assaults, with Enes Unal twice testing the resolve of Marc Andre ter Stegen.
- Lionel Messi was mysterious amid the initial 20 minutes having been sent on the right-hand side and it was Dembele who had the best opportunities for the guests.
- The 21-year-old twice went close when shooting from extend and ought to have teed up Luis Suarez not long after his volleyed pass was confused when the Uruguayan had a vacant net to tap in.
3 great games today Juve 2 v Lazio 0 then a great game in Naples Napoli come back from two down to win 3-2 against Milan then finished off there Real Valladolid unlucky against Barcelona going down 0-1 with a bit of VAR in the last minute 👀 great stuff @ElevenSports_UK 👌🏻
— JR 🇾🇪🔴 (@JonRiley1975) 25 August 2018
- As the half went on, Barcelona changed their approach and their best opportunity came when Philippe Coutinho played in Suarez with a radiant go from the outside of his boot.
- The Uruguayan was one-on-one with goalkeeper Jordi Masip yet the previous Barca stopper did well to obstruct his exertion.
- That story seemed to have proceeded from the primary half to the second, with the turf controlling any possibility of innovativeness.
- In any case, Barcelona would at last discover the leap forward just before the hour check, as Dembele scored a much needed goal.
Valverde is still a Coward he hasn’t changed one bit, we will never win the champions league with him. Its clear by even watching his interviews, he is satisfied with the domestic double and thinks we are too. He just doesn’t have the mentality to be a Barcelona coach.
— – (@CoutinhoClassic) 25 August 2018
- It was a superb pass from Luis Suarez discovered Sergi Roberto, who did splendidly to keep the ball in play, as well as tee-up Dembele in a similar activity. The Frenchman cleared it home, first time, and Barcelona were in front.
- He was supplanted on 75 minutes as Valverde hoped to combine, and summer marking Arturo Vidal was acquainted with take care of the midfield.
— Romell Glave (@RG_Big_Dreamer) 25 August 2018
- Be that as it may, with a little more than 10 minutes remaining, Valladolid had a brilliant chance to level the diversion. An inch-culminate cross from Alcaraz discovered Keko plain in the penalty region, however his header was directly at Ter Stegen.
For the next matches of Match Day 2 of 38, visit allsportspk later today.