Spanish LaLiga ’18-19 – Highlights: Barcelona’s Winning Run Halted By Girona
This is the last four matches of LaLiga, Match Day 5 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Match 7 of 10: Levante vs Sevilla
Result: 2 – 6
- Levante: Roger Marti 12′, Moses Simon 90′
- Sevilla: Wissam Ben Yedder 11′, 35′, 45′, Daniel Carrico 21′, Andre Silva 49′, Pablo Sarabia 59′
|11||Shots On Target||9|
- Wissam Ben Yedder’s hattrick helped Sevilla to a 6-2 pounding at Levante to lift them into the top 50% of LaLiga.
- The midfielder denoted his first group beginning of the season with a goal inside 11 minutes, yet Levante leveled through Roger inside 60 seconds.
Struggling to figure out Sevilla this season. Scored zero in defeats to Betis and Getafe and had a 0-0 against Villarreal. These results sandwiched between great away wins, 4-1 at Rayo and 6-2 at Levante.
Both those wins featured a hat-trick (Silva & Ben Yedder). Erratic#LaLiga
— Brendy Boyle (@BrendyBoyle) September 23, 2018
- Meanwhile, defender Daniel Carrico set the guests back in front when he headed in Pablo Sarabia’s free-kick, and Ben Yedder finished his hattrick with a snappy fire double preceding the break.
- Andre Valente Silva and Sarabia heaped the wretchedness on Levante after half-time, and even Simon Kjaer’s last-minute claim goal could not take the sparkle off an awesome away win for Sevilla.
— UEFA Europa League (@EuropaLeague) September 23, 2018
- There was far less activity at El Madrigal, where Villarreal were again baffled by Valencia in a 0-0 draw, three days after they were held to a 2-2 draw by Rangers.
- Dani Parejo was demonstrated a straight red card for the guests 13 minutes into the second half for a foul on Ramiro Funes Mori, however the hosts could not exploit – and oversaw only a solitary shot on focus in the entire match.
Match 8 of 10: Villarreal vs Valencia
Result: 0 – 0
|1||Shots On Target||2|
- Despite the fact that a point away at Villarreal can be viewed as a decent outcome, when you are winless, as Valencia were, it will feel like another 2 points dropped.
- The two sides have European desires after awesome crusades in 2017/18, yet have battled since the beginning of this season.
— Diana Yeow (@dy158) September 23, 2018
- Los Che experienced not having Geoffrey Kondogbia in midfield to drive them forward, however in truth, they could have played for an additional hour and a half and still not found the goal.
- They were toothless all through, and that dissatisfaction at long last bubbled over as Dani Parejo was demonstrated a straight red just before the hour mark.
10-man Valencia held Villarreal to a goalless draw to sit 13th & 15th on the table respectively #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) September 23, 2018
- It was just about the most energizing thing to occur, with just 3 shots on point on throughout the evening.
Match 9 of 10: Real Betis vs Athletico Bilbao
Result: 2 – 2
- Real Betis: Marc Bartra 51′, Sergio Canales 68′
- Athletico Bilbao: Inaki Williams 7′, Raul Garcia 18′
|Real Betis||Team Stats||Athletico Bilbao|
|4||Shots On Target||4|
- Markel Susaeta red card on half-time saw the equalization of play swing far from Athletic Club and for Real Betis, the hosts returning from a two-goal shortfall to guarantee a point.
- Inaki Williams had given the Basques the ideal beginning with a goal on 7 minutes in a match that was deferred by more than two hours in light of the heat.
I actually made West Ham – Chelsea draw and Real Betis – Athletic Bilbao draw and both went in
Now Lyon can’t lose, Barca and Juve have to win and I win 10K and in total this weekend have won 15K
— OnomahIsABaller (@SpursD22) September 23, 2018
- When Raul Garcia multiplied the lead before 20 minutes was on the clock, Eduardo Berizzo’s side were flying.
- Be that as it may, once Susaeta went off, it pulverized their shape, and Betis took full favorable position after the break.
Real Betis came from 2 goals down to force a 2-2 draw at home with 10-man Athletic Bilbao #SSFootball
— SuperSport Blitz (@SuperSportBlitz) September 23, 2018
- Mark Bartra got them once more into it inside 6 minutes of the restart, and Sergio Canales fixed the draw on 68 on account of an assist from Cristian Tello.
Match 10 of 10: Barcelona vs Girona
Result: 2 – 2
- Barcelona: Lionel Messi 19′, Gerard Pique 63′
- Girona: Cristhian Stuani 45′, 51′
|11||Shots On Target||6|
- Barcelona’s 100 percent winning beginning to the season stopped on Sunday when they were held to a 2-2 LaLiga draw by Girona on Sunday, having been diminished to playing the last 55 minutes with 10 men.
- The outcome implied they lost their two-point advantage over Real Madrid at the highest point of the table, with the two groups on 13 points after 5 matches.
Girona fans this weekend:
– Got free tickets to Barcelona away to compensate for the return match being played in Miami ✅
– Saw their team earn a 2-2 draw at the Nou Camp ✅
– Found out the return game won’t be played in Miami because the Spanish FA vetoed it ✅#WinningInLife pic.twitter.com/IpUJn7GFqP
— Sam Street (@samstreetwrites) September 23, 2018
- Lionel Messi gave the victors the lead in the 19th minute with a first-time shot after a lay off from Chile global Arturo Vidal and verged on multiplying the lead in the wake of moving through a labyrinth of safeguards however observed his shot spared.
- Barca’s solid beginning was crashed when safeguard Clement Lenglet was sent off 35 minutes into his first match beginning for the club in the wake of elbowing Pere Pons, and Girona exploited just before the interim when Cristhian Stuani leveled.
- Uruguayan striker Stuani struck again in the 51st to give Girona, just playing their second season in Spain’s best flight, an improbable lead.
What a Sunday of DRAWS.
CHELSEA FC draws their match. Barcelona FC draw. AC Milan FC also a draw. Worst of all, Adeleke vs Oyewole produced a re-run to be played on 27/09/18 for a winner to emerge.
What a way to usher in pregnant week ahead!
May the replay favour Me, amen.
— Walin~Kagara II (@magmal11) September 23, 2018
- The Catalans kept on ruling procedures in spite of their numerical disservice, and they nearly adjusted when Messi sent a free kick slamming against the crossbar.
- Gerard Pique headed in the leveler in the 63rd minute by moving over two defenders to meet a sketchy, redirected cross from Luis Suarez after mentor Ernesto Valverde had tossed on Ivan Rakitic and Philippe Coutinho for the failing to meet expectations Vidal and Arthur.
I always thinking why everyone hate suarez now I know he always dive. Barcelona fan is so disrespect girona player score the goal they swear and show middle finger. Barcelona fan is so disgusting they always see they team win if barca lose or draw they will show they frustration.
— saiful (@saifulhustle10) September 23, 2018
- Girona adapted honorably to Barca’s surge for the rest of the amusement, holding their heads under the weight and compelling the champs to fall back on long range shots which neglected to inconvenience noteworthy visiting goalkeeper Bono.
Visit allsportspk tommorow for the first match of Match Day 6 of 38, LaLiga 2018-19.