The last two matches of the quarter finals were held of the ongoing FIFA World Cup 2018. The match wise highlights are appended below.
FIFA World Cup 2018 – M59: England Vs Sweden 2-0
WC ’18 – Match 59: England Vs Sweden
Result: 2 – 0
- England: Harry Maguire 30′, Dele Alli 58′
|3||Shots On Target||
- Swedish hearts were broken by the consistent English side as their World Cup campaign ended in the quarter-finals.
- In the 1st half, England took their time to reach the opposition’s 18-yard box but a goal was finally scored by Harry Maguire who put England in the driving seat.
- Swedish attackers were unable to cope up with the English defense and the 1st half ended with England in the lead.
- In the 2nd half, luck favored the English side as Delle Ali doubled England’s lead with a superb header.
- With this goal, Dele Ali became the fifth player to score for England in this FIFA World Cup 2018.
- Sweden finally realized the gravity of the situation and made two substitutions in a row, in hopes of scoring a goal.
- Their attacks caught wind as England began to guard their defense and they were successful in keeping Swedish attackers at bay.
- The match entered the last ten minutes of play, with Sweden still needing 2 goals to equalize.
- Swedish players turned desperate and began to call for unnecessary fouls but even this tactic could not get them a single goal as England breezed into the semi-finals.
Opta are saying that is the most powerful header in the history of football.
Ball timed at 95 m/ph after leaving Harry Maguire’s head.
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) July 7, 2018
The biggest compliment you can pay Harry Maguire today is that he delivered a CB performance in a major tournament Quarter-Final that John Terry, Rio Ferdinand and Sol Campbell & Jamie Carragher never managed
— Premier League Panel (@PremLeaguePanel) July 7, 2018
Harry Maguire wins absolutely everything including headers, tackles, corners, Wimbledon, The Voice, The X Factor and The Great British Bake-off. #ENGSWE
— Mr Geldard (@MrJGeldard) July 7, 2018
A group of #England fans celebrating the teams 2-nil win over Sweden were filmed jumping on furniture and throwing things around at an #Ikea store in London. Staff at the Swedish-founded shop watched in horror as fans flooded in #WorldCup (video @KingMo786 ) pic.twitter.com/5yNV8XHUoW
— LBC Breaking (@lbcbreaking) July 7, 2018
Sweden has become a country where billions and billions of dollars are spent on a gender science bureaucracy nightmare that mixes Prussian mass neurosis with North Korean mass psychosis. This madness must be stopped, identity politics from both left and right has to go. #svpol
— Alexander Bard (@Bardissimo) July 7, 2018
There was no suggestion of using VAR in the England v Sweden game, mainly because there was no cynical fouls, no diving, no bookings… just two teams playing football fairly. Well done to all.
— (((Warwick Hunt))) (@WarwickHunt4) July 7, 2018