World Junior Squash Championships, India: Seeded Egyptian Finals
The WSF World Junior Individual Squash Championships finals in both men and women categories, for the fourth time since 2011 will be an all Egyptian affair.
The men’s defending champion Marwan Tarek was the first to enter the final by defeating a fellow countryman Omar El Torkey. The win was not an easy play as the No. 1 seed had to be in the court for over an hour and a half. After the match Tarek said, “this was the longest match I have played but I do not regret as it was the semi-final of the World Junior Championship.”
Tarek will now play the No.2 seed Mostafa Asal, which will be the first international match between the two.
In the second semi-final, 17 year old Asal, won his fifth straight match in the championship when he ousted another Egyptian Mostafa El Serty
The women’s final will be played between No. 1 seeded Rowan Reda Araby and No. 2 seed Hania El Hammamy. The unique and an historical aspect of this final will be that in the 37-year history of the women’s championship, this would be the first ever pair to contest consecutive finals.
WJC 2018 – Semi Finals – Mostafa El Serty (Egy) vs Mostafa Asal (Egy)
- Marwan Tarek (Egy) bt Omar El Torkey (Egy) 11-9, 6-11, 11-8, 2-11, 11-8 (92 minutes)
- Mostafa Asal (Egy) bt Mostafa El Serty (Egy) 11-3, 11-7, 11-7 (33 minutes)
- Rowan Reda Araby (Egy) bt Jana Shiha (Egy) 11-5, 13-11, 11-6 (31 minutes)
- Hania El Hammamy (Egy) bt Lucy Turmel (Eng) 11-6, 8-11, 11-4, 11-4 (44 minutes)
The final matches start at 17:00 (Local Time) on 23rd June – Monday.
- Marwan Tarek (Egy) v Mostafa Asal (Egy)
- Rowan Reda Araby (Egy) v Hania El Hammamy (Egy)
For more updates keep visiting allsportspk