The Lockdown Knockout competitions continue with the recurve archers to compete for Qualification on 5th-8th June.
This will be the second encounter under Lockdown Knockout series. The first event was held in May and won by Colombia’s Sara Lopez.
According to World Archery the eight archer’s who will compete in the 2nd remote tournament are: Brady Ellison, Crispin Duenas, Bernardo Oliveira, Steve Wijler, Aida Roman, Casey Kaufhold, Yasemin Anagoz and Gaby Bayardo.
According to the game plan:
- Each archer will shoot a 60-arrow 18-metre during the qualification round being held between 5-8 June.
- The archer’s will then be seeded and placed in a bracket, men on the left and women on the right.
- Matches start on 13th and continue till 21 June.
- Each will be streamed live, start at 17h00 CET (Central European Time) and the winner will advance to the next round.
- The final will be between a male and female archer, with the victor receiving 1000 CHF and runner-up 500 CHF in prize money.
One Line Bio of the competing Archer’s is:
- Brady Ellison, USA: Five-time Hyundai Archery World Cup Champion and reigning World Archery Champion.
- Crispin Duenas, Canada: Three-time Olympian and reigning Pan American Games Champion.
- Bernardo Oliveira, Brazil: Represented hosts Brazil at the 2016 Olympic Games and finished fourth at the Lima 2019 Pan American Games.
- Steve Wijler, Netherlands: Reigning European Champion and runner-up at the 2019 European Games.
- Aida Roman, Mexico: Silver medallist at the London 2012 Olympic Games with more than 40 international podiums.
- Casey Kaufhold, USA: Triple medallist at the Lima 2019 Pan American Games, with golds in the team and mixed team events and individual bronze.
- Yasemin Anagoz, Turkey: Reigning European Champion and runner-up at the 2018 Hyundai Archery World Cup Final.
- Gaby Bayardo, Netherlands: Bronze medallist at the 2019 European Games; former Mexican archer who recently qualified first Dutch spot at the Olympics in decades.
Schedule – Matches will begin at 17h00 CET.
- 5-8 June – Qualification period (filmed)
- 13-16 June – Quarterfinals (live)
- 18-19 June – Semifinals (live)
- 21 June – Final (live)
Selection and safety
- The Lockdown Knockout is purely invitational. English-speaking international archers in European and American time zones were considered based on fan following, geographical distribution and access to the appropriate technology.
- Only archers who could safely shoot in socially distanced settings and accordance with local health guidelines are permitted to participate.
- World Archery has suspended its international competition calendar due to the current outbreak of COVID-19. No physical events will take place before the start of September, with the situation reviewed monthly.