||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|2nd Test – Day 4: India Vs England
|Date: 12th August 2018
|Venue: Lord’s, London
|Umpires: Aleem Dar, Marais Erasmus
|Toss won by: England, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|India’s 1st Innings: 107 all out (35.2 Overs, RR: 3.02)
|England’s 1st Innings: 396/7d (88.1 Overs, RR: 4.49)
|Performers (Day 4):
|Batting: Chris Woakes 137* off 177 balls, Sam Curran 40 off 49 balls
|Bowling: Ishant Sharma 1/101 in 22 overs, Mohammad Shami 3/96 in 23 overs, Hardik Pandya 3/66 in 17.1 overs
|India’s 2nd Innings: 130 all out (47 Overs, RR: 2.76)
|Performers (Day 4):
|Batting: Ashwin 33* off 48 balls, Hardik Pandya 26 off 43 balls
|Bowling: James Anderson 4/23 in 12 overs, Stuart Broad 4/44 in 16 overs, Chris Woakes 2/24 in 10 overs
|Result: England won by an innings and 159 runs
|Man of the Match: Chris Woakes
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: England’s 1st Innings
- England started their day with a massive lead of 250 runs on the board. Chris Woakes, unbeaten on 120* runs and Sam Curran walked out to bat.
- For India, Mohammad Shami and Ishant Sharma shared the ball from each end.
- A brisk partnership of 39 runs was shared between the two batsmen, after which Curran lost his wicket to Hardik Pandya.
- And with this wicket, and a lead of 289 runs, England captain Joe Root declared the English innings.
India Vs England: India’s 2nd Innings
- Trailing by a massive 289 runs, Indian openers, Murali Vijay and KL Rahul came out to bat.
- For England, the new ball was shared between Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad from each end.
- Vijay survived only two overs, as Anderson’s inswinger gave England with an early breakthrough.
- Pujara joined KL Rahul. This pair could only manage 13 runs between them, as KL Rahul departed off Anderson’s bowling.
- Rahane joined Pujara. The pair survived for two more overs, as early lunch was taken due to rain.
- Play resumed after lunch, as Chris Woakes was introduced into the attack alongside Jimmy Anderson.
- Pujara and Rahane took their partnership to 22 runs as Broad claimed the wicket of Rahane. India were now 3 wickets down for 35 runs.
- The Indian captain and now the only hope for India, Virat Kohli joined Pujara. This partnership also did not last for long as after 25 runs, Broad snuffed the wicket of Pujara.
- Now Hardik Pandya joined Virat Kohli. This partnership lasted 2 more overs, as Broad got the wicket of Virat Kohli.
- Dinesh Karthik joined Pandya, but he bagged a golden duck as Broad got two wickets in a row.
- Now, with 6 wickets down and 61 runs on the board, Ashwin joined Hardik Pandya.
- The pair survived for some time, until rain forced an early Tea on Day 4 of this test.
- Post tea, play resumed and the two batsmen, Hardik Pandya and Ashwin added a 55 run partnership, after which Woakes got the wicket of Pandya.
- Kuldeep Yadav joined Ashwin but he departed in the very next over to Jimmy Anderson.
- Mohammad Shami joined Ashwin, but he also lasted one over, as Anderson claimed yet another wicket at the Lords cricket ground.
- Now, with only one wicket left, Ishant Sharma joined Ashwin. And, in the very next over, Woakes claimed the wicket of Ishant Sharma and England won the match.
India Vs England – 2nd Test Day 3: Woakes Maiden Century Puts England In Command
India Vs England – 2nd Test Day 2: Anderson’s Five Wicket Haul Destroys India
India Vs England – 1st Test Day 4: Stokes The Hero In A Thrilling Victory
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 2nd Test, Day 4. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 5th and final day of India Vs England 2nd test match.
KD Karthik (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
JM Bairstow (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk