||India Vs England
| Match Basics
|3rd Test – Day 2: India Vs England
|Date: 19th August 2018
|Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
|Umpires: Marais Erasmus, Chris Gaffaney
|Toss won by: England, elected to field first
| Scorecard Summary
|India’s 1st Innings: 329 all out (94.5 Overs, RR: 3.46)
|Performers (Day 2):
|Batting: RR Pant 24 off 51 balls, R Ashwn 14 off 17 balls
|Bowling: Jimmy Anderson 3/64 in 25.5 overs, Stuart Broad 3/72 in 25 overs, Chris Woakes 3/75 in 20 overs, Adil Rashid 1/46 in 9 overs
|England’s 1st Innings: 161 all out (38.2 Overs, RR: 4.2)
|Performers (Day 2):
|Batting: Alastair Cook 29 off 22 balls, Kyle Jennings 20 off 32 balls, Jos Buttler 39 off 32 balls.
|Bowling: Jasprit Bumrah 2/37 in 12.2 overs, Mohammed Shami 1/56 in 10 overs, Ishant Sharma 2/32 in 9 overs, Hardik Pandya 5/28 in 6 overs.
|India’s 2nd Innings(continued): 124/2 (31 Overs, RR: 4.0)
|Performers (Day 2):
|Batting: Pujara 33* off 67 balls, KL Rahul 36 off 33 balls, Shikhar Dhawan 44 off 63 balls.
|Bowling: Adil Rashid 1/23 in 5 overs, Ben Stokes 1/30 in 7 overs.
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs England: India’s 1st Innings
- The conditions appeared to be overcast, as India resumed their batting play against England.
- Pant and Ashwin walked out to bat, for England, Broad and Anderson shared the ball from each end.
- The pair added 16 runs to the total after which, Broad got the wicket of Pant. Ishant Sharma joined Ashwin.
- This partnership lasted only one over, as Broad shattered the stumps of Ashwin. The next two wickets Shami and Bumrah fell in the next over, as India were bowled out on 329 runs.
India Vs England: England’s 1st Innings
- Trailing by 329 runs in overcast conditions, English batsmen, Alastair Cook and Kyle Jennings walked out to bat.
- For India, the new ball was given to Mohammad Shami and Bumrah from each end.
- An extremely confident start, was made by the two batsmen, as India were denied an early wicket.
- Both Shami and Bumrah were pitching the ball short, and this was costing them runs at a staggering rate.
- England reached 46 runs in 9 overs, when lunch was called on Day 2 of this test.
- Post lunch, play resumed as Ishant Sharma was introduced into the Indian pace attack.
- And, this induction proved to be fruitful, as Cook who was dropped by Pujara, departed in the very same over to Ishant Sharma.
- Root joined Jennings. But this partnership did not survive for much long, as Bumrah snuffed the wicket of Jennings in his next over.
- The youngster, Ollie Pope joined Joe Root. The pair had barely settled down when Pope departed off Ishant Sharma’s bowling.
- Now, with England, 3 wickets down and 75 runs on the board, Bairstow joined Joe Root.
- The pair looked solid as they defied Indian spearheads, Ishant and Bumrah to settle on the crease.
- This is when a timely change was made by Virat Kohli, as Hardik Pandya was brought into the attack.
- Pandya struck on his first ball, by getting the big wicket of Joe Root, as England slumped to 4 wickets for 86 runs.
- Ben Stokes joined Bairstow. A 22 run partnership was shared between the two after which Shami claimed the wicket of Stokes.
- The next over by Pandya proved to be the match changing over. As, the allrounder took the wicket of Bairstow and Woakes to expose English batting line-up.
- This was not the end of Pandya’s heroics, as in his very next over he grabbed two more wickets, one of Rashid and the other one of Stuart Broad.
- With England, 9 wickets down and 128 runs on the board, Anderson joined Buttler.
- Buttler scored a valuable 39 runs, after which Bumrah got his wicket and England were all out on 161 runs.
- Tea was taken on Day 2 of this test.
India Vs England: India’s 2nd Innings
- Post tea play resumed as Indian openers, Dhawan and Rahul walked out to bat with India in the lead by 168 runs.
- For England, Anderson and Broad shared the new ball from each end.
- An aggressive start was made by the Indian batsmen, especially KL Rahul who was hitting boundaries in almost every over.
- The partnership between the two batsmen reached 50 runs in 9 overs, as India stretched their lead to 218 runs.
- 9 more runs were added to this partnership after which Stokes claimed the wicket of KL Rahul.
- Pujara joined Dhawan. The pair added another 51 runs after which Shikhar Dhawan lost his wicket to Adil Rashid.
- The Indian captain, Kohli joined Pujara. Both batsmen took India’s lead to 292 runs and stumps were called on Day 2 of this test.
India Vs England – 3rd Test Day 1: Kohli, Rahane Put India On Top
India Vs England – 2nd Test Day 2: Anderson’s Five Wicket Haul Destroys India
India Vs England – 1st Test Day 4: Stokes The Hero In A Thrilling Victory
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 3rd Test, Day 2. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 3rd day of India Vs England 3rd test match.
RR Pant (Wkt.)
V Kohli (Capt.)
JE Root (Capt.)
JM Bairstow (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk