|India Vs England: England’s 2nd Innings
- With 498 runs to win this test, England openers, Alastair Cook and Kyle Jennings resumed their batting.
- The pitch seemed easier to bat on; good news for the English batsmen.
- Meanwhile, Indian bowlers Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah were given the ball from each end.
- Kyle Jennings who was looking in form the other day, departed in the very first over to Ishant Sharma.
- The English captain, Joe Root joined Jasprit Bumrah. This partnership lasted only one over, as in the very next over, the blazing Ishant Sharma claimed the wicket of Cook.
- With England 2 wickets down in quick succession, Ollie Pope now joined Joe Root.
- Another 30 runs were added by the pair, as drinks were called on Day 4 of this test.
- Post drinks, Bumrah and Shami continued to bowl, as Kohli persisted with pace from both ends.
- Root was constantly getting beaten, as both Shami and Bumrah were bowling extremely tight lengths. And, this finally resulted in a wicket.
- As, this time, Jasprit Bumrah claimed the wicket of Joe Root. Now, the English all-rounder, Ben Stokes joined Ollie Pope.
- This partnership only lasted 3 balls, as Shami claimed the wicket of Ollie Pope to send England 4 wickets down.
- Buttler joined Ben Stokes, and was dropped in the very next over by the Indian wicket keeper, Rishabh Pant.
- Kohli now brought India’s first innings hero, Hardik Pandya into the attack, and also introduced the veteran off spinner, Ashwin from the other end.
- However, despite keeping tight lengths, Buttler and Stokes remained consistent in their defense, as lunch was called on Day 4 of this test.
- Post lunch, play resumed and Jos Buttler appeared to be in tantalizing form as a few boundaries off his bat, brought up the much needed 50 run partnership.
- Runs now began to come from both ends, and soon Jos Buttler reached his half century; his first of this test series.
- And, after some overs, the hundred run stand also came up between the two batsmen.
- The partnership reached 111 runs, as tea was called on Day 4 of this test.
- Post tea, play resumed as Stokes continued his defensive while Buttler continued to be on the prowl for attacking runs.
- Stokes reached his well deserved half century, as England’s total crossed the 200 run mark.
- And, several overs later, Buttler reached his century, as India were in desperate need for a wicket.
- 80 overs passed and the new ball was taken by India. Bumrah and Hardik Pandya shared the new ball from each end.
- And, then came the over that India were looking for, as Bumrah got the wickets of Buttler and Bairstow in two consecutive balls.
- And now the English collapse started as Bumrah snuffled the wicket of Chris Woakes in the very next over.
- Stokes also got out in the next over to Hardik Pandya, as India required 2 wickets to win this test match.
- Rashid and Broad shared a 50 run partnership after which Broad’s wicket was claimed by Jasprit Bumrah.
- James Anderson joined Adil Rashid, and India were unable to take the last wicket, as England carried the play to Day 5.
India Vs England – 3rd Test Day 3: Kohli’s Century; India In Command
India Vs England – 3rd Test Day 1: Kohli, Rahane Put India On Top
India Vs England – 2nd Test Day 2: Anderson’s Five Wicket Haul Destroys India
India Vs England – 1st Test Day 4: Stokes The Hero In A Thrilling Victory
India Vs England Test Series 2018: Players Who Could Make An Impact
This is the end of India Vs England 3rd Test, Day 4. Join Allsportspk tomorrow for the 5th day of India Vs England 3rd test match.