Italian Serie A ’18-19 – Highlights: Sassuolo Defeat Napoli; Ascend To The 2nd Place
This is the first match of Serie A, Match Day 5 of 38. The highlights are appended below the points table.
For Complete team rankings, click here
Serie A – Match 1 of 10: Sassuolo vs Empoli
Result: 3 – 1
- Sassuolo: Kevin-Prince Boateng 13′, Gian Marco Ferrari 57′, Federico Di Francesco 85′
- Empoli: Francesco Caputo 1′
|7||Shots On Target||2|
- Sassuolo conquered an early mishap to vanquish 10-man Empoli at the Mapei Stadium. Roberto De Zerbi’s men went behind after only 18 seconds in the primary round of Week 5, however battled back to take every one of the 3 points, which saw Miha Zajc sent off.
- The Neroverdi rolled out two improvements from the side which lost to Juventus a weekend ago, Federico Di Francesco coming in for Filip Djuricic and Mehdi Bourabia supplanted by Stefano Sensi.
Nooooooooooooo. It’s the end of the road for the rolling acca. Frustrating as Wigan and sassuolo who were potential picks both won at better odds. Monaco were poor and didn’t deserve to win. We start again tomorrow
— Cornertips1985 (@cornertips1985) September 21, 2018
- It was a stunning beginning for the latter however, as he was gotten under pressure by Leonardo Capezzi straight from the commencement.
- The midfielder flooded into the 18-yard box and cut it back for Francesco Caputo, who serenely stroked the ball into the net after only 18 seconds.
- It was almost 2-0 inside 5 minutes, however Pol Lirola acted as the hero by taking the ball off the line from a corner.
- The hosts hoped to hit back, with Domenico Berardi and Di Francesco both going close from outside the 18-yard box.
- Sassuolo got level following 13 minutes, and it was a beautiful goal by Kevin-Prince Boateng.
— ForzaItalianFootball (@SerieAFFC) September 21, 2018
- Alfred Duncan slipped a smart ball through to Di Francesco, who could not discover an edge to shoot from. Rather he cut it back for the onrushing Kevin-Prince Boateng, who slid in to thump it into the back of the net.
- The hosts were in the domination, and Pietro Terracciano needed to get down pointedly to tip Duncan’s left-footed shot around the post. Just before the break, Andrea Consigli made his very own spare, pushing without end a strike from Miha Zajc.
- Sassuolo began the 2nd half on the front foot, and it took them only 10 minutes to lead the match.
- Berardi’s corner was going on at the close post, and Gianmarco Ferrari was alive to head it in from short proximity.
Looking at Sassuolo vs Empoli and after some research Empoli race to 7 corners at 4/1 at bet365 and Empoli most corners taken 2/1 at skybet have some real value @TwoPoundPunt @Rolland_Chaser @CaptainOvers @CautiousGamble @KrisWillis69 @DailyStatCards @FootyStats_org
— Jack Thompson (@jackt1988) September 21, 2018
- Empoli’s assignment got significantly harder with 20 minutes to play, as they were decreased to 10 men.
- Zajc had been reserved in the initial 45, and he went down dramatically in the container under the test of substitute Mehdi Benacer. The match referee Federico La Penna was neutral, and demonstrated the Slovenian a second yellow card for plunging.
- The Neroverdi hoped to complete things off, however Berardi could just fire directly at Terracciano from simply inside the box. The Empoli goalkeeper was called without hesitation again by Di Francesco, yet was by and by equivalent to the strike.
Another huge referee and VAR-mistake at Sassuolo’s third goal today. The ball has clearly passed the line before it’s crossed into Di Francesco who scored the goal.
— Siavoush Fallahi (@SiavoushF) September 21, 2018
- There was nothing he could do about Sassuolo’s late third goa, which came towards the finish of a flawless move.
- Substitute Enrico Brignola discharged Pol Lirola with a delightful turn around go down the left flank, and he sent a low ball in to Di Francesco.
- The previous Roma man concocted a splendid bit of creation, flicking the ball with his foot sole area at the front post to ensure 3 points for his side.
Visit allsportspk later today for the next matches of Match Day 5 of 38, Serie A 2018-19.