Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe 5th ODI
||Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
| Match Basics
|5th ODI: Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 22nd July, 2018
|Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
|Umpires: Russell Tiffin, Ian Gould
|Toss won by: Pakistan, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Pakistan’s Innings: 364/4 (50 Overs, RR: 7.28)
|Batting: Imam-ul-Haq 106 off 105 balls, Fakhar Zaman 85 off 83 balls, Babar Azam 106* off 76 balls
|Bowling: CB Mpofu 1/67 in 10 overs, LN Roche 1/65 in 10 overs, WP Masakadza 1/66 in 10 overs.
|Target: 365 runs from 50 overs.
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 233/4 (50 Overs, RR: 4.66)
|Batting: R Murray 47 off 70 balls, PJ Moor 44 off 54 balls, PS Masvaure 39 off 53 balls, Kamunhukamwe 34 off 41 balls, Masakadza 34 off 46 balls.
|Bowling: Hasan Ali 2/55 in 9 overs, Mohammad Nawaz 2/47 in 10 overs.
|Result: Pakistan won by 131 runs
|Man of the Match: Babar Azam
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- In the final and 5th ODI of this series, green shirts had a chance to clean sweep Zimbabwe by winning 5 matches in a row.
- On the other hand, Zimbabwe needed a consolatory win to end this disappointing series on a high.
- Once again it was a batting pitch and this influenced Sarfraz’s decision to bat first.
- Pakistan’s new found opening combo, Imam and Fakhar walked out to bat. For Zimbabwe the new ball was shared between Mpofu and Chatara.
- The pair added 30 runs in 6 overs and Fakhar Zaman broke the world record by scoring 1000 runs in 18 innings.
- After 3 overs, the fifty run partnership was brought up and Zimbabwe brought Donald Tiripano and Roche into the attack.
- But, this bowling change had little affect on the batsmen as runs continued to flow at a constant rate.
- In the 14th over, Fakhar broke the record of the most runs in five bilateral series; A sensational effort.
- The pair reached their 100 run partnership in 17 overs and Imam-ul-Haq also got to his century.
- In the very next over, Zaman also got to his half century and the drinks break was taken in this innings.
- Post the drinks break, the pair continued to score and brought up another 150 run partnership between them.
- Fakhar was eyeing another century but he lost his wicket to Roche and Zimbabwe got their first breakthrough.
- Babar Azam joined Imam-ul-Haq. The pair added another 60 runs to the total as Imam ul Haq got to his 4th ODI century.
- This partnership went up to 77 runs after which Imam departed off Masakadza’s bowling.
- Shoaib Malik joined Babar Azam. The pair could only add 33 runs as Chatara rattled the stumps of Shoaib Malik.
- At this point, Pakistan had scored 281 runs with 7 wickets in hand and 7 overs left in the innings.
- Asif Ali joined Babar Azam who reached his fifty from 55 balls. The pair took the total above 300 runs, however, Asif departed off Mpofu’s bowling as Zimbabwe got their 4th wicket.
- Sarfraz Ahmad joined Babar Azam. The highlight of the death overs was Babar who reached his century off 72 balls.
- Both batsmen remained unbeaten as Pakistan finished on 364 runs in 50 overs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- With 365 runs to win from 50 overs, Zimbabwe openers, Kamunhukamwe and Masakadza came out to bat.
- For Pakistan, Mohammad Amir and Junaid Khan shared the new ball from each end.
- A decent start was made by the openers as they reached 44 runs in 10 overs.
- Hasan Ali and Mohammad Nawaz were introduced into the attack. The pair reached their fifty run partnership but, Kamunhukamwe lost his wicket to Nawaz and Pakistan got their first breakthrough.
- Masvaure joined Hamilton Masakadza. But this partnership was broken in the very next over as Hasan Ali shattered the stumps of Masakadza.
- Murray joined Masvaure. The pair shared a stubborn partnership of 78 runs and it took Hasan Ali to break this 78 run partnership.
- At this point, Zimbabwe had lost 3 wickets with 148 runs on the board.
- Moor joined Murray. The pair added 18 runs to the total after which Murray was denied his half century by Mohammad Nawaz.
- Chigumbura joined Moor. Zimbabwe needed 197 runs from 78 balls to win this match and avert a whitewash.
- The two batsmen did not lose their wicket and shared a 68 run partnership as Zimbabwe lost the match by 131 runs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 1st ODI: All-Round Pakistan Outclass Zimbabwe
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 2nd ODI: Fakhar, Usman Deliver; Pakistan Win
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 3rd ODI: Faheem Takes Five; Pakistan Win The Series
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 4th ODI: Fakhar Scores A Double Century; Pakistan Win
This is the end of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe ODI Series. Keep visiting Allsportspk for more cricketing updates.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt.) (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
R Murray (WKt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!