Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe 4th ODI
||Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
| Match Basics
|4th ODI: Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe
|Date: 20th July, 2018
|Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
|Umpires: Langton Rusere, Ian Gould
|Toss won by: Pakistan, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Pakistan’s Innings: 399/1 (50 Overs, RR: 7.98
|Batting: Fakhar Zaman 210* off 156 balls, Imam-ul-Haq 113 off 122 balls, Asif Ali 50* off 22 balls
|Bowling: TS Chisoro 0/56 in 10 overs, WP Masakadza 1/78 in 3 overs.
|Target: 400 from 50 overs.
|Zimbabwe’s Innings: 155 all out (42.4 Overs, RR: 3.63)
|Batting: Elton Chigumbura 37 off 69 balls, Tiripano 44 off 71 balls, Masakadza 22off 24 balls
|Bowling: Shadab Khan 4/28 in 8.4 overs, Faheem Ashraf 2/16 in 7 overs, Usman Khan 2/23 in 5 overs, Junaid Khan 1/32 in 6 overs, Shoaib Malik 1/19 in 6 overs
|Result: Pakistan win by 244 runs
|Man of the Match: Fakhar Zaman
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 1st Innings
- Having already secured the series by 3-0, Pakistan aimed to break records against a depleted Zimbabwe side.
- For the first time in this series, Pakistan won the toss and Sarfraz chose to bat first.
- Pakistan’s opening pair, namely Fakhar Zaman and Imam ul Haq came out to bat. For Zimbabwe the new ball was shared between Muzarbani and Ngrava.
- A good start was made by the two batsmen who added 59 runs in the first 10 overs.
- Masakadza introduced spin into the attack in the form of Chisoro.
- The spinner added some pressure on the two batsmen but they played him cautiously and began to score off other bowlers.
- The 100 run stand was up in no time and Fakhar Zaman reached yet another half century.
- Few overs later, Imam also got his half century and at this point, Pakistan were on their way of scoring a 400.
- 25 overs passed and at this point Pakistan had scored 152 runs without the loss of any wickets.
- Post 25 overs, Masakadza introduced himself into the attack and Chisoro was again given the ball from the other end.
- However, Imam and Fakhar looked in no mood to get out as Fakhar reached his century and Pakistan touched 200 runs.
- Both openers took the total to 250 runs as Imam also got to his century and in the very same over, Fakhar reached his 150.
- This opening stand reached 287 runs and became the highest opening stand in ODI history.
- With 9 overs left in the innings, Pakistan had now reached a total of 294 runs. The total reached 300 runs and broke the record for the first ever 300 run total in ODI history.
- However, Imam could not continue as he fell to Masakadza and Zimbabwe got their 1st wicket.
- Asif Ali joined Fakhar Zaman. Asif supported Fakhar who reached his maiden double hundred, also beating Saeed Anwar’s highest score of 194.
- On the other hand, Asif Ali reached his fifty in 21 balls and Pakistan finished on 399 runs from 50 overs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: 2nd Innings
- With 400 runs to chase down in 50 overs, Zimbabwe openers, Hamilton Masakadza and Kamunhukamwe came out to bat.
- For Pakistan, Junaid Khan and Usman Khan shared the new ball from both ends.
- The openers made a good start to innings.
- But as expected, Usman Khan struck in his 2nd over to remove Kamunhukamwe.
- Musakanda joined Masakadza. This partnership lasted only one over as Usman Khan struck in his 3rd over to remove Musakanda.
- Murray joined Masakadza. Junaid Khan came back for his 4th over and claimed the wicket of Masakadza. This was also his 100th wicket in this format.
- Moor joined Murray. Pakistan introduced Yasir Shah and Faheem Ashraf into the attack.
- The pair added 22 runs to the total after which Faheem claimed the wicket of Murray. At this point, Zimbabwe were 4 wickets down with only 59 runs on the board.
- Chigumbura joined Moor. The pair could only muster up 8 runs when Shadab Khan claimed the wicket of Moor and Zimbabwe lost their 5th wicket.
- Tiripano joined Chigumbura as Pakistan introduced Shoaib Malik into the attack.
- The pair shared a valuable stand of 69 runs after which Faheem Ashraf finally got the wicket of Chigumbura.
- At this point, Zimbabwe needed 262 runs from 13 overs with 6 wickets in hand.
- Masakadza joined Tiripano. This partnership lasted only one over as Shadab Khan pinned Masakadza lbw to get his 2nd wicket of the match.
- The next three wickets fell in 4 overs as Pakistan won the match by 244 runs.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 1st ODI: All-Round Pakistan Outclass Zimbabwe
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 2nd ODI: Fakhar, Usman Deliver; Pakistan Win
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe – 3rd ODI: Faheem Takes Five; Pakistan Win The Series
This is the end of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI. Join Allsportspk on 22nd July for the 5th and last ODI of Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt.) (Wkt.)
H Masakadza (Capt.)
R Murray (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!