India Vs Afghanistan Day 2
||India Vs Afghanistan
| Match Basics
|Only Test: India Vs Afghanistan
|Date: 15th June, 2018
|Venue: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
|Umpires: Chris Gaffaney, Paul Reiffel
|Toss won by: India , elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|India’s 1st Innings: 474 all out (104.5 Overs, RR: 4.52)
|Batting: Shikhar Dhawan 107 off 96 balls, Murali Vijay 105 off 153 balls, KL Rahul 54 off 64 balls, CA Pujara 35 off 52 balls, Hardik Pandya 71 off 94 balls.
|Bowling: Yamin Ahmadzai 3/51 in 19 overs, Mujeeb Ur Rehman 1/75 in 15 overs, Rashid Khan 2/154 in 34.5 overs, Wafadar 2/100 in 21 overs.
|Afghanistan’s 1st Innings: 109 all out (27.5 Overs, RR: 3.91)
|Batting: Mohammad Nabi 24 off 44 balls, Mujeeb Ur Rehman 15 off 9 balls.
|Bowling: R Ashwin 4/27 in 8 overs, Ishant Sharma 2/28 in 5 overs, RA Jadeja 2/18 in 3.5 overs, Umesh Yadav 1/18 in 6 overs.
|Afghanistan’s 2nd Innings: 103 all out (f/o) (38.4 Overs, RR: 2.66)
|Batting: Hashmatullah Shahidi 36 off 88 balls, Asghar Stanikzai 25 off 58 balls.
|Bowling: RA Jadeja 4/17 in 9 overs, Umesh Yadav 3/26 7 overs, Ishant Sharma 2/17 in 7 overs.
|Result: India won by an innings and 262 runs
|Man Of The Match: Shikhar Dhawan
|Highlights & Analysis
|India Vs Afghanistan: India’s 1st Innings (Continued)
- Pandya and Ashwin started Day 2 in hopes of getting India over 450 runs. On the other hand, Afghanistan started off with their spinners hoping to get an early wicket.
- Ashwin built a 35-run partnership with Pandya but he finally fell to Yamin’s tight line and lengths.
- Jadeja joined Pandya. Both batsmen shared a 67-run partnership with Hardik reaching an aggressive 50 off 83 balls.
- Jadeja looked solid but couldn’t hold on and gifted his wicket to Nabi who claimed his 1st wicket of this match.
- Pandya also got out in the very next over to Wafadar who claimed his 3rd wicket of the match. Umesh Yadav joined Ishant Sharma.
- At, this point India had 440 runs on the board with one wicket in hand. And, in an effort to get as many runs Yadav played a 21-ball cameo after which Rashid took Ishant Sharma’s wicket.
- India finished their innings on 474 runs. It was now time for Afghanistan’s 1st innings.
India Vs Afghanistan: Afghanistan’s 1st Innings
- Afghan openers Mohammad Shahzad and Javed Ahmadi came out to bat and the new ball was give to Ishant Sharma.
- Shahzad looked in prime form but his lack of running skills cost him as a direct hit from Pandya got him run-out.
- Javed Ahmadi’s stay on the crease also didn’t last very long as Umesh Yadav claimed his wicket. Afghanistan were now 2 wickets down.
- Afsar Zazai joined Rahmat Shah. India continued with their pace attack and Yadav claimed his 100th test wicket after pinning Rahmat Shah lbw.
- Zazai lost his wicket in the very next over to Ishant Sharma and Afghanistan were now heading towards a collapse.
- The Afghan captain Asghar Staikzai joined Hashmatullah. Both batsmen showed resistance for some time and shared 15 runs between them.
- But as soon as Ashwin was introduced into the attack, he struck in his very 1st over and shattered the Afghan’s captain stumps.
- The all-rounder Nabi joined Hashmatullah. Nabi stayed for a while but wickets started to fall from the other end to spin.
- First, Hashmatullah fell to Ashwin, then Jadeja claimed the wicket of Rashid and 2 overs later Ashwin’s carrom ball gave him the wicket of Yamin.
- At this point, Afghanistan had only scored 87 runs for the loss of 8 wickets. Nabi took his team close to a century. And after he became a victim of Ashwin, Mujeeb struck a couple of boundaries off Jadeja’s bowling to get Afghanistan over 100 runs.
- But, Jadeja got him out in the very same over. And, Afghanistan’s innings ended on 109 runs.
- India decided to enforce the follow on and it was time for Afghanistan to bat again.
India Vs Afghanistan: Afghanistan’s 2nd Innings
- After tea, Afghanistan openers Shahzad and Ahmadi walked out to bat again. Shahzad made a quick start but once again lost his wicket too early to Yadav.
- Javed Ahmadi and Mohammad Nabi became the next victims of Yadav’s fiery bowling followed by Rahmat Shah who got out to Sharma in the next over.
- The Afghan captain, Ashghar and Hasmatullah troubled the hosts for some time and laid a 37-run partnership between them.
- But, after playing 13 dots, Asghar’s impatience got the better off him as he holed out to Dhawan; courtesy of Jadeja’s bowling.
- Zazai joined Hashmatullah but his wicket was also taken by Jadeja in the very next over.
- Rashid Khan joined Hasmatullah and after showing some resistance Jadeja shattered his stumps.
- India were now only 3 wickets away from victory. Hasmatullah remained unbeaten but Sharma, Jadeja and Ashwin claimed the last 3 wickets in quick time and India won the test match.
India Vs Afghanistan – Only Test: Day 1 – India On Top
India Vs Afghanistan – Test Match ended.
Join Allsportspk tomorrow for Day 2 of India Vs Afghanistan Only Test match.
AM Rahane (Cpt.)
KD Karthik (Wkt.)
Afsar Zazai (Wkt.)
Asghar Stanikzai (Cpt.)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!