|South Africa Vs Sri lanka: Sri Lanka 1st Innings
- After losing the test series and winning the ODI series, South Africa faced Sri Lanka, in what was their last match of this amazing tour so far.
- Although, the ground was same from the 5th ODI, the pitch was new with dryness on top. This was an indicator that the spinners will get plenty of turn and bounce, not a good sign for Proteas.
- Proteas captain, JP Duminy trusted his side’s batting abilities and chose to bat first after winning the toss.
- The South African openers, Quinton De Kock and Hashim Amla came out to bat. For Sri Lanka the new ball was given to Kasun Rajitha.
- After a brilliant start in the first over by the Proteas, Chandimal brought spin into the attack in the form of De Silva.
- And, as expected, De Silva provided Lankans with the breakthrough by claiming the wicket of Hashim Amla.
- The debutante, Reeza Hendricks joined Quinton De Kock. Now, Sri Lanka’s prime spinner weapon, Akila Dananjaya was introduced from the other end.
- Dananjaya added pressure from one end, and in the very next over, the hard hitting, Quinton De Kock got run out.
- Now, with 2 wickets down, JP Duminy joined Reeza Hendricks. But, this partnership lasted only one over, as Dananjaya hit the off stump with accuracy to claim the wicket of Hendricks.
- Klaasen joined JP Duminy. At this point, South Africa were 3 wickets down with 48 runs on the board and 14 overs left in the innings.
- The partnership between the two batsmen reached 15 runs as De Silva returned for his 3rd over, and claimed the wicket of Duminy.
- David Miller joined Klaasen. The pair looked nervous against Lankan spinners, but were somehow able to survive two overs.
- But, in the 11th over, Sandakan got the wicket of Klaasen, followed by Phehlukwayo and Rabada, all of which lost their wicket in this over.
- Now with Junior Dala and David Miller on the crease, South Africa were 7 wickets down for 73 runs and 9 overs left in the innings.
- After another two overs of survival, Miller departed off Dananjaya’s bowling.
- Ngidi joined Dala, but he departed on over later, as Rajitha got his first wicket of the match.
- Shamsi joined Dala, as South Africa neared a total of 100 runs. However, they fell just two runs short of it, as Udana claimed the wicket of Shamsi to bowl out South Africa on 98 runs.
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka: South Africa 2nd Innings
- With only 99 runs to win from 20 overs, Sri Lankan openers, Kusal Perera and Mendis walked out to bat.
- For South Africa, the new ball was given to the fiery pacer, Kagiso Rabada.
- And, as expected Rabada struck in his very first over, by claiming the wicket of Kusal Perera. Two balls later, Mendis also departed to a ripping inswinger as the scales began to shift towards Proteas.
- Now with Chandimal and De Silva on the crease, Lankans were 2 wickets down with 6 runs on the board.
- Proteas aimed to get another wicket or so, but the Lankan pair answered back with aggressive hitting as they notched up a fifty run partnership.
- This stand was finally broken by Dala, who claimed the wicket of De Silva.
- Angelo Matthews joined Chandimal with Sri Lanka needing 40 runs from 12.2 overs.
- Now, Shamsi was introduced back into the attack, and he struck straightaway by claiming the wicket of Angelo Matthews.
- With 36 runs to win, Shanaka joined Chandimal. The pair added 19 more runs after which Shanaka lost his wicket to Junior Dala.
- Thisara Perera joined Chandimal. But, his stumps were shattered by Shamsi who claimed his 2nd wicket of the match.
- Dananjaya joined Chandimal, with Sri Lanka needing 16 runs from 42 balls. This partnership survived only one over as Duminy claimed the wicket of Dananjaya.
- Now, 11 runs were required off 35 balls with only 3 wickets in hand. The pair got Sri Lanka over the line as they won by 3 wickets.
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka – 5th ODI: Dananjaya Outclasses Proteas
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka – 3rd ODI: Hendrick’s Record Breaking Century; Proteas Secure The Series
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka – 2nd ODI: Typical Proteas Outclass Lankans
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka – 1st ODI: Proteas Outclass Lankans With Bat & Ball
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka – 2nd Test Day 4: Spinners End Proteas Resistance; Series Sweeped 2-0
This is the end of South Africa Vs Sri Lanka Only T20. Keep visiting allsportpk for more cricketing updates.