Pakistan Vs Australia Final
||Pakistan Vs Australia
T20 Tri-Series – Final
| Match Basics
|T20 Tri-series – Final: Pakistan Vs Australia
|Date: 8th July 2018
|Venue: Harare Sports Club
|Umpires: Langton Rusere, Russell Triffin
|Toss won by: Australia, elected to bat first
| Scorecard Summary
|Australia’s Innings: 183/8 (20 Overs, RR: 9.15)
|Batting: DJM Short 76 off 53 balls, Aaron Finch 47 off 27 balls, Travis Head 19 off 11 balls
|Bowling: Mohammad Amir 3/33 in 4 overs, Shadab Khan 2/38 in 4 overs, Shaheen Shah Afridi 1/32 in 4 overs, Hasan Ali 1/38 in 4 overs, Faheem Ashraf 1/38 in 4 overs
|Target: 184 runs from 20 overs
|Pakistan’s Innings: 187/4 (19.2 Overs, RR: 9.67)
|Batting: Fakhar Zaman 91 off 46 balls, Sarfraz Ahmed 28 off 19 balls, Shoaib Malik 43* off 37 balls, Asif Ali 17* off 11 balls.
|Bowling: Glenn Maxwell 2/35 in 3 overs, JA Richardson 0/33 in 4 overs.
|Result: Pakistan won by 6 wickets
|Man of the Match: Fakhar Zaman
|Highlights & Analysis
|Pakistan Vs Australia: 1st Innings
- Australia faced Pakistan in the final of the T20 Tri-Series.
- For Pakistan, the youngster, Sahibzada Farhan made his international debut.
- The pitch was going to support spinners and the batsmen were also going to be able to score off easily. Australia changed things up and contrary to the last time, chose to bat first in this title battle.
- Finch and Short opened the innings and Mohammad Amir was given the new ball by Sarfraz Ahmed.
- Both openers made a good start and forced Sarfraz to bring Hasan Ali early into the attack.
- But, Pakistan remained wicket less as Australia scored 54 runs in the power play.
- After the power play, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Shadab Khan were introduced into the attack.
- Both batsmen continued to score and Australia had now scored 95 runs for the loss of zero wickets.
- This is when finally, Shadab Khan delivered with his leg break as Finch was denied a well deserved half century.
- Maxwell joined Short as the latter reached his well deserved half century.
- On the other hand, Maxwell departed in the very next over as Shadab Khan claimed his 2nd wicket of the match.
- Stoinis joined Short. This partnership went for three overs after which Stoinis got out and Mohammad Amir got his first wicket of the match.
- Shaheen Shah Afridi got the wicket of Short as Pakistan made their way back into this match.
- With 4 overs to go, Australia looked to garner some runs and take their total above 200 while Pakistan relied on their death bowling and keep Australia at bay.
- It was a close battle as Australia managed to scored 36 off the last four and Pakistan took 5 wickets to limit Australia to a total of 183 runs.
Pakistan Vs Australia: 2nd Innings
- With Pakistan needing 184 runs to win this match, the debutante, Sahibzada Farhan and Fakhar Zaman opened the Pakistan innings.
- Aaron Finch gave the ball to Maxwell, a superb tactic as the pitch was supporting spinners.
- This strategy bore fruit as in the very first over, Maxwell took the wicket of Sahibzada Farhan as Australia got off to dream start.
- Hussain Talat joined Maxwell, but two balls later Maxwell took the wicket of Hussain Talat and Pakistan were two wickets down in the 1st over.
- Pakistan were starting to become unpredictable from the very start in this match(Pakistan Vs Australia).
- Sarfraz Ahmed joined Fakhar Zaman. Australia searched for a traditional Pakistan collapse but the two batsmen defied the odds and took the total to 41 runs in 5 overs.
- But, in the very next over, a run out ended the Sarfraz Ahmed’s innings.
- Shoaib Malik joined Fakhar Zaman. At this point, Pakistan were 3 wickets down for 49 runs.
- Both batsmen added another 32 runs and after 10 overs, Pakistan needed 105 runs to win from 60 balls. At this point, the match(Pakistan Vs Australia) was evenly poised.
- Fakhar Zaman continued his blasting innings and with the support of Malik from the other end, the opener reached his fifty from 30 balls.
- The batsmen continued to score and shared a 107 run partnership after which Richardson took the wicket of Fakhar as he fell on 91.
- With Pakistan needing 30 runs off 24 balls, Asif Ali joined Shoaib Malik. Both batsmen chased down the total with 6 balls to spare as Pakistan won this math(Pakistan Vs Australia) to clinch the T20 Tri-Series title.
This is the end of the final match(Pakistan Vs Australia) of the T20 Tri-Series. Here are links of the matches in case you missed them.
Tri-Series T20 Match 1 – Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: Highlights – Pak Win By 74 Runs
Tri-Series T20 Match 3 – Australia Vs Zimbabwe: Highlights – Australia Win By 100 Runs
Tri-Series T20 Match 4 – Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe: Highlights – Pak Win; Qualify For Final
Tri-Series T20 Match 5 – Pakistan Vs Australia: Highlights – Pakistan Take Sweet Revenge
Tri-Series T20 Match 6 – Australia Vs Zimbabwe: Highlights – Aussies Pull Of A Thriller
To see the tournament’s full schedule click here.
Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt.) (Wkt.)
Shaheen Shah Afridi
AJ Finch (Capt.)
AT Carey (Wkt.)
|For updates regularly visit: Allsportspk
error: Content is protected !!